x.

"Are you sure you don't want anything? I have poptarts, sandwiches from yesterday, and I think I also have tea."

"No, it's okay, thank you, Mal," Sapphire weakly smiled at the girl who could only offer her a look of pity.

Sapphire didn't know how or why she ended up in Malina's apartment. All she knew was that after what Jordyn proudly announced to everyone last night, Sapphire took off without another word.

And then here she was, next morning with the girl she least expected.

"I'm really sorry if I'm such a bother right now," Sapphire said, "you didn't have to do this."

"But I wanted to," Malina wholeheartedly responded. "Plus, we're friends now and this is what friends do."

Sapphire could only nod, not having enough strength to respond like she usually does.

Everything was tiring her out. It was like it sucked the life out of her, and left her with this semi-functional body that she could drag around tiredly. She was like she was between being dead and being alive. All her emotions and feeling clashed together in her until they cancelled out, and now she feels blank and void.

But even though that was the case, her head wouldn't stop going in circles of thought, going deeper as she prodded on the scars of her past.

What would they think of me now? What would my friends think of me? What would Sean, most of all, think of me? They won't look at me the same way now. I could never look the same in their eyes. I can see how they would stare in disgust, and how they would avoid me.

God, just take me away from here.

"You know, Jordyn didn't have the right and she crossed the line," Malina softly said, noticing how the girl was deeply troubled in thought. "She was way out of line, and she didn't deserve to know any of that. That's the lowest one could get, and we couldn't believe she would stoop that low.

"But Saph, you didn't kill your parents. You didn't."

That's what Saph dreaded hearing the most.

She killed her parents.

She knows she did. She has been hiding this God awful thing since she was 14 years old, and in comes this blonde haired witch who will ruin everything she pieced back together for herself. But maybe, they really had to know who she truly was. Even then, she should be the one telling them about it and not from a secondhand source that got the information somewhere she shouldn't have.

Jordyn Jones was a horrible person, and she wondered if anyone else did think that.

But who could honestly be more horrible than a killer, right?

"Believe me, Saph, I only knew you now and you told me the story ho--"

"I killed them," Sapphire said in a hard tone. "I did kill them. It's all my fault they're dead."

Malina shut up about it, sighing, knowing that Sapphire wouldn't let go of it. Hell, it has been years and Sapphire still held on to the sentiment that it was all her fault. How could it be changed now?

"You could stay here as long as you want. Always remember that, okay? You're welcome here," Malina offered her a wide, close mouthed smile. "You could always talk to me, too."

"Thank you so much, Mal," Sapphire's steely exterior slipped away. "I don't know why but I see you as my little sister."

"And you're my big sister now, even if we're only a year or two apart," Mal giggled, giving Saph a hug. "Rest well."