xxiii.

They finished the last final interview for a magazine at around 10PM, and it was a breathe of relief when they were finally told that they were heading home. Everyone was tired, and they badly needed to get sleep after all the tiresome nights they had.

But for Sean and Sapphire, it was different. The girl knew the boy would be on her tail once they got home.

Tiredly pushing open the main door to the house, Julian yelled out, "home sweet home, sisters!"

"Shut up, Ju," Nat complained, leaning on Julian as they walked up the stairs. "I'm crashing for the night. Night guys."

"Same." Kaycee yawned, and Tati's arm was around her shoulder. "Tati, Tahani, and I are going to bed."

"Us too," Jordyn piped up, bouncing on her feet as she bounded up the stairs. "Goodnight. Especially you, Sean, we still have to talk to Todrick tomorrow!"

Sapphire stole a curious glance in Sean's way who was smiling back at Jordyn.

"Sure, sure. Just remind me of it." Sean nodded one last time in Jordyn's way before he turned to look at Sapphire. "Now, where were we?"

"As usual," Josh yawned out, waving out his hand at them mindlessly as he ascended the stairs, "no babies just yet."

"WE KNOW! BYE JOSH!" Sapphire groaned out, throwing the couch pillow in the boy's way.

They stood infront of each other with a good distance between them, waiting for everyone to head on to their rooms before Sean would start talking. Thank God the adults barely even step foot in this house, or else this would be a different story.

Or maybe, they should have the adults in the house.

Sapphire and Sean walked up the stairs in silence, the boy opening up the door to the entertainment room for Sapphire as they both entered.

Once the coast was clear, a cheeky smile spread on Sean's lips with a knowing look. "So what was that about?"

"What do you mean what was what about?"

"Babe, I think you already know what I mean." Sean chuckled, moving closer to Sapphire by the wall. "You were a glowing green light back there."

"I wasn't!" Sapphire defensively said, raising her hands. "I don't even know what you're talking about."

Sean hummed, taking a step closer. "Jordyn would have been 6 feet below the ground if looks could actually commit murder."

But Sapphire stubbornly feigned innocence, as she stared at Sean with clueless eyes. "What do you mean if looks could kill? I'm nice with Jordyn."

Sean was enjoying how she refused to admit it, although it could get annoying sometimes. But still, he couldn't help but tease the girl about it.

He took another step forward, making Sapphire take a step back until she hit the wall. "You know you don't have to be jealous of her, right? I already told you this."

"I wasn't jealous of her, Sean!" Sapphire exasperatedly exclaimed, her eyes widening as Sean leaned close, their breaths fanning on each other's faces raggedly.

Putting both of his hands beside Sapphire's head, he pinned the girl to the wall and he slowly leaned in to the girl's ear and whispered, "are you sure about that?"

Sapphire's eyes fluttered at the close contact as his voice became raspy in her ear. All she could do was gulp as she felt the boy move closer to the space between her jaw and her neck.

Sean paused his lips half an inch away from her skin. His voice vibrated as he spoke. "Admit it, Saphy, admit it." He was chanting it playfully in her ear, spiking up the girl's nerves.