xlv.

Normally, Katherine wouldn't even think of agreeing to a day off for any of them in between weeks of trying to cram the production of the film. But in Sapphire and Sean's case, she had to just sigh it out and agree. The girl's been working hard, and Sean bribed her in the right way, so she just had to grant them one day off for themselves.

"As promised, Broadway let me rent one room for the rest of the day. And they even had those projector things, which is totally cool because you get to," he paused, scratching his head slightly as he looked for the right word, "project stuff, to like, the wall or something."

"Yeah, guess that's what a projector does." Sapphire can't help but snort, mimicking the shake of his head as she reached for a piece of gum in the cupholder the Uber had. "Would have never guessed."

"Yeah, smarty pants, yeah." He rolled his eyes, feigning annoyance. "Totally had no idea that's how those tech things work. Yep, totes."

"Totes?" The girl gasped dramatically. "Did Shamu Lawson just say totes? And where did you learn this language, may I ask?"

"Shut up. Ako liked watching Mean Girls, and she had to watch it with me all the time because I get to translate it to her."

"Or you just wanted to watch Mean Girls, and you're using Ako as an excuse."

"Uhhh, no."

Before Sapphire could open her mouth to shoot another sarcastic response his way, the car went to a halt infront of the infamous Broadway Dance Center the duo went to on occasional times — where Sean taught his first Mura Masa combo, and where Sapphire took atleast a class or two when she was in the city for an event. It was already familiar to them, and they're both excited to finally be in a studio.

Walking down to the entrance, Sean was the gentleman he always was as he opened the glass doors for Sapphire. And he continued being the dorky gentleman he is by wrapping an arm around her waist while sending cheeky smiles her way when she looked. It was contagious, as a smile painted its way on Sapphire's lips too.

It was obvious, really — Sean was just a glowing sunshine around the girl, and everybody can just see it even from a mile away.

"Thoughts on the song Unravel Me?" Sean popped the question randomly, nodding and smiling at a personnel as they went directly to the studio reserved for them. "By Sabrina Claudio?"

"Good song. Kinda sad lyrics, but really intimate and personal with hitting beats here and there." Sapphire nodded, the song silently playing in her head. She could think of white chiffon dresses, with vintage films playing like sadness in the background. "Song of the day?"

"Yeah, it is the song of the day."

His laptop was set up to the speakers mounted around the room, and all their water bottles and necessities placed in one side of the room. It felt good to be back in a studio that didn't have any cameras or lighting stands in the way; it had a sense of familiarity that they were finally back in a plain studio that had mirrors surrounding them instead of a production team running around holding scripts and segment tapes.

With Sapphire, she couldn't stop staring at Sean with this soft, daydreaming smile on her face; he was another familiarity she missed.

From the last time she's seen him, his hair grew a little fluffier and messier — the type where it looked like he just woke up, and didn't bother with fixing it. The bags under his eyes were puffier, too, and she could vaguely remember telling him about those sleeping eye creams Lush had that Bailey bought her that one time (Sean ironically fell asleep when she was telling him about it, but he bought it the next day and showed it to Sapphire like an excited boy with toys). His eyes were brighter, giddy with all the inspiration he got from the trip — another reason why he can't wait to get back into a studio, and make something up with his girl.