xxi.

"Call me when you're done so I can launch myself there like a rocket."

The girl laughed at the sentiment, making her shake her head at the boy who was taller than her. "I'm not even going to be away for that long."

"But still." The boy pouted. "You're going to be many miles away from me."

"You're literally just a thirty minute drive away."

"Stop, and let me miss you, cranky." The boy rolled his eyes, but engulfed the girl in a hug. "Bye, S. Love you. Take care. Tell Mads to call me sometimes."

"Bye, Sean. I love you, and I'll definitely will." The girl stepped away from the boy. "The girl misses you."

A car horn distracted the both of them, making them look in the limo's direction.

"Faster, lovebirds, we don't want to be late for the next shoot!"

"Okay, Will!" Sean yelled out, before they turned back to each other. "See you later?"

"Yep," the girl replied, then shooed him away, "go away before Will kills you."

The boy groaned but started to jog away from the girl, waving his hands frantically before he rode the limousine. Sapphire waited for it to drive away, before she looked over to the tall building infront of her.

The lobby of the grand hotel was elegant, and that made Sapphire not want to touch anything in case her clumsiness gets the best of her.

"Miss Sapphire Case?" An unfamiliar voice called out from behind her.

"Yes?" Sapphire replied, unsure.

The woman clad in a business attire brightened up and outstretched a hand for Sapphire to shake. "I'm Maddie's manager. They're waiting for you on the rooftop."

Sapphire was nervous to say the least.

Yes, she had photoshoots like this before. But she was pressured that maybe Maddie would regret choosing her because she was way too awkward or stiff in pictures, or she was way too fat for the clothes.

A lot could go wrong. But all her thoughts vanished when a certain brown-haired girl tackled her in a hug when the elevator opened in the very top floor.

"SAPPHIRE! FINALLY!" Maddie shrieked, hugging her tight and the girl could only laugh in response. "Wow, you're much smaller in person."

"Thanks, tall person, I get that a lot." Sapphire playfully rolled her eyes. "Wow, you're much taller in person."

"Shouldn't be a surprise since I'm as tall as your boyfriend." That made Sapphire turn red again. "But hey, maybe I'm a lot taller."

"He'd love to hear that." Sapphire snickered at the thought, imagining how Sean would be riled up at the mention of height. "Did you get started already? Traffic was super harsh today."

Maddie waved her hand off in a dismissive manner, nodding at her manager who scurried off before replying. "Nope, we kind of just started getting ready. Let's go, I want you to meet Lilia."

Sapphire thought that she would be too shy or too annoying for them since that's how she could get around new people. But surprisingly, she was comfortable with the two girls who were just as random and goofy as her.

"Lilia is definitely the Triller queen."

"What can I say? I'm cool just like that." Lilia flicked her hair over her shoulder with her chin up. "Don't touch me. I'm too cool for you."

"If using the hairbrush as your microphone to sing along to Jonas Brothers, then sure, I'd rather be dorky." Maddie snorted, sipping on the iced coffee provided on set.