xlii.

double update for today because i miss writing lol DRAMA AHEAD (this story has too much drama and heavy scenes i hate me lol)

December 24

"Merry Christmas Eve, baby llama!" Sean bursted into the girls' room, screeching in a highpitched voice as Sapphire rolled over in embarrassment. "Don't I get a greeting, too? After a full day of rehearsing while you shoot scenes?"

"Take a shower, first, then I'll think about it." Sapphire wrinkled her nose, sending a quick glare towards all the other girls who unashamedly filmed them and laughed. "Your rehearsal sweat is making me gag."

But she was lying. Sean never smelled bad once in his life, and it was so so unfair in so many ways. And she knew he knew it, by the way he uncaringly shrugged off the hoodie he had on over his Christmas shirt and bearhugged Sapphire off the bed with all his might.

"Merry Christmas Eve, and Merry Christmas in advance, bubba!" He screeched out again, running around in circles as they both laughed in glee. "I got you a present, but you only get to open it Christmas morning."

"We have to shoot first thing in the morning."

"Dang it. Wake up earlier?" Sean suggested with a sheepish smile, setting Sapphire down slowly on the floor.

Getting back from Los Angeles, it was a nonstop filming schedule in order to make up for the days they missed. It wasn't easy, but it had to be done. And they loved what they're doing so dearly anyway, that it didn't feel like work anymore most of the time. It felt more like a big and fun vacation project among the closest friends, even if they had to still go do stuff on Christmas Eve and Christmas mornings.

"No way." She shook her head and stuck out her tongue at him. But behind her, she pulled out from under her pillow the dogtag necklace she got with his initials engraved in it. With a huge, ear-splitting grin, she outstretched it infront of her. "But here, I'm much more informed than you, so here's your gift!"

"Oh wow, dog tags? Guess I'm your bitc—"

"Why don't I get a normal thank you?"

"You're welcome."

They said they were going to make it work, and they were now, despite Sean's schedule that's slowly getting clustered, and Sapphire rising to her fullest potential with all the new stuff coming her way. They were making it work, with facetimes in between breaks, and small talk when they're in the same set, and morning texts before the day begins, and goodnight texts before the day ends.

It was a work in progress, really. Sean would forget, Sapphire would forget, and days on end, they both would forget about their phones and just go along with their schedules. But they would make it up to each other, apologizing and understanding and trusting each other. They've come to terms that they have their own lives anyway, and that they're not always going to be just on their phones.

They were doing just alright.

December 31

The two loved Christmas as much as they loved Halloween, but the rush the New Years' gave was far more different than any other holiday. And, it also gave Sean the excuse to atleast kiss Sapphire in public for that traditional New Years kiss.