xxxiii.

awfully long, awfully boring because i got carried away lol enjoy though

"This is a unpopular opinion but why do people like fried ice cream so much?" Sapphire groaned as she stole Sean's own cup of ice cream from his hands. "It's like ice cream, but rolled up, and people get to write your name before they completely crush it away when they chop chop chop like karate."

"You sound cute when you say karate." Sean chuckled, pushing over a bottle of water. "Kuh-ra-tey."

Sapphire gratefully took the water bottle, and gulped it down really fast. She remembered how sweets were really itchy to the throat, and she remembered how she was supposed to be healthy. Water would healthify it, right?

"How do you say it then, Child Genius?" She scoffed.

"Ka-ra-te." Sean shrugged. "Finish up, c'mon! We'll miss Jojo's class!"

"Oh shit, right." Sapphire choked on her last spoonful of ice cream and stood up, taking Sean with her as they started the walk back.

"But you know what I miss more? Or more like, who I missed more?"

"Oreo."

"You," and then he pinched the bridge of her nose cheekily, swiping the ice cream stain left on the corner of her lips. "You and your messy cute face."

Sapphire should find a book that would help her respond with compliments, because she has to stop blushing every time Sean would shoot his shot.

"You know I genuinely missed you, right? I missed you too much." Sean's tone dropped to a much serious one. His hand dropped to his side, and slowly found Sapphire's so he could hold her hand. He squeezed it in a way that made heart swell, his thumb grazing over the skin of her hand.

"Well, yeah, it showed whenever you picked Jordyn over me."

Sean's face scrunched up, with his nose wrinkling and his eyes squinting a little as he stole a glance at Sapphire, who clearly avoided his gaze. Dang it, I shouldn't have brought it up now.

"Sapp-"

"I know you're only friends, and you genuinely think she's just a friend. But did you ever consider what she thought of you while you guys spend time together?" Sapphire bit her lip, thinking of how conversations like this were much more awkward in daytime. "I trust you with everything. It's her that I don't trust."

Sean completely halted in his pace, bringing the girl to a stop, too. With a confused expression on his face, he turned to Sapphire and said, "why? She already apologized, and she's been nothing but nice to everyone."

Sapphire scoffed, not hiding the fact that the blonde girl displeased her too much. "That's what you think."

"And proof?" Sean's eyebrows rose.

Without any second thought, Sapphire pulled out her phone and went directly to the Instagram app. Jordyn never messaged her on iMessage, or plain ole text messaging, or in any platform but Instagram. It was just that one day when Jordyn took a picture of Sean sleeping with a heart, and pretended that she wrongfully sent it to Sapphire instead. But Sapphire knew that the girl was spiting her on purpose.

And the messages that followed after that weren't pretty. With Jordyn's taunts and threats, it wasn't the prettiest exchange.

But as Sapphire scrolled through her Instagram, her eyebrows furrowed deeper and deeper when she couldn't find a single message on their thread.

"You look like a grandma with those eyebrows," Sean commented, peeking at her phone. "Any day now, S."

And it snapped.