xxxix.

extremely long because it had to happen

It was like the universe put a fast forward button on time and stopped it on the beautiful morning of Saturday. Beautiful, meaning there was already coffee, milk and breakfast on the table ready for hungry animals who forgot to eat last night after long hours of preparing for someone's birthday. Oh, and it wasn't really the morning anymore. It's lunch time.

"Sean better be grateful because never have I ever stayed up that late for someone's birthday." Bailey groaned, rubbing her sleep deprived eyes. "I still think icing's stuck in my hair."

"And I think a piece of yarn's in my throat." Kaycee with Julian in tow groggily walked into the apartment kitchen. "Anyone seen Josh?"

"Did his early morning The Lab tingz." Julian yawned, absentmindedly reaching for a cup of coffee on the table. "And I'm also leaving in 10 minutes. So I guess I already have to be in the shower."

Sapphire groaned out loud and dropped her head on the kitchen table with a slight thud. Sure, last night was worth it because everything turned out good. But this lack of sleep is making her want to fork her eyes out and dip it in hot water just to wake it up. Atleast it wasn't only her that's feeling that way; Bailey's almost taking a nap, and Kaycee's just sleepily looking at her phone.

"Oh, and also, Brat's party is moved to 3PM. Anyone have plans?" Kaycee piped up, scrolling through her phone.

"Will's class," the gem stoned named girl mumbled through her arms. "And Janelle's. But I guess we could ditch."

"It's already 1:30PM."

"Fuck."

The girls scrambled in a frenzy, leaving Bailey's sister to do the kitchen work while they prepare for the party. Although they prepared their clothes the day before, they still don't have much time to fix their hair or make their face look less lifeless.

Sapphire didn't even know why she's still putting too much effort on Sean's birthday. After the Disneyland fiasco, she never saw the boy again. He didn't text her, call her, or even show up to see her. He never even went back home, and Sapphire only knew through Miya that he had to travel back to Long Beach to film episodes for Brat. That's why she chose to stay with Bailey, and have a girls' night, and rant and cry, until she felt better and thought better for herself.

She should've felt turned down, or even rejected yet again. But her heart's too stupid to listen; too stupid to even stop it from hurting yet again. She only tried to convince herself that they had separate lives, and this was going to be something that's happening for awhile because they're both busy.

This wasn't healthy. But for the last time, she was going to try, and fuck, she's going to try and make it worth it. The tears she cried aren't going to end up in a dump; she's going to cry for a reason. But after this ends up in the trash yet again, then she's going to let go.

She's going to let go for good.

Going to the Brat party, she knew he was there, and she hoped they would finally talk. But not before Brandon finally spills what he promised to talk about.

Dressed up in a mustard cropped shirt and leather leggings, she showed up with her friends by her side at the mansion the party was at. She didn't expect for this many people, but the house was decked out from floor to floor with dozens of people she knew from the internet. Every walking person in here probably had 900 thounsand followers or more on Instagram and a huge stash of money in the bank.

"I do not know anyone around here," Kaycee nervously whispered. "Should we just go back home?"

"Uhhh.." Bailey was considering it, almost backing away to the door they just went through.