Am I Not Enough For You?

Claude didn't react at first, his eyes focused on anything aside from her. His fists clenched and an unprecedented rage boiled throughout him. "You know something?" She spoke softly, getting up slowly as she brushed herself off.

His scent all over the shirt, herself sighing slightly. "Maybe you shouldn't jump my gun whenever I go to say something.." She whispered, walking to the stairs, not looking back at him. "I'll be in my study whenever you calm down...I have things to do..". And with that, she walked up the stairs, the demon hearing the door shut slowly.

Hours passed, Claude busying himself with pacing the manor's floors. This slurry of emotions was something the demon had yet to come to terms with. What kind of monster cared for another? His thoughts stormed, along with his heart.

His feet took him where his mind avoided. His hands knocked softly against the door to her study, his feet tapping impatiently. "Enter.." The female mumbled. She was sitting at her desk, holding her knees to her chest. Her stomach was showing a bit more, only a bit more noticeable whenever she stood.

Alice had been crying, dried tear streaks down her face, sighing softly. Her eyes were slightly red, breathing deeply. "I've come to say my apologies," Claude stated mechanically. He remained at the doorframe, his arms crossing protectively over his chest. "The way I acted earlier wasn't what was demed worthy of me at the time. I stepped out of place. I do hope you can forgive me."

He bowed at these words, his eyes refusing to meet her own. "Come here.." The female mumbled as she looked over at him, her gaze soon meeting the window. "You're forgiven..but come here.." Alice whispered the last part, sighing slightly as she wiped her face. Claude stepped forward slowly, his gaze hardened and poised. "Come here, behind the desk Claude."

Once he made it behind the desk, she stood, looking up at the male. "Look me in the eye and apologize...". Claude's eyes flashed a poisonous red, irises locking into her own.

"Was the first time not to your satisfaction?" He growled. Her blank face slowly formed to a saddened frown. "It was..I just want to hear it again. Say it like you mean it..".

She hated being rude, but sometimes, she just had to get mean.

She was a pregnant, hormonal teen for crying out loud, not to mention it was a mixbread demon.

Claude bit his lip, his emotions suddenly raging toward a protective side. His arms reached out and embraced her within them.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.