Arrival

Claude was immediately at her side, his fingers intertwining with her own. His grip was beyond human strength, using the pain of that to mix with the pain the child was to bring.

"It's time," Claude stated.

"N-no, really?!" She yelled as he screamed again, tears starting to fall as she wiped her eyes with her spare hand.

Alice wanted to cry, but she couldn't, she had to be strong.

Not only was her whole body in pain, her hand felt like it had just shattered. "Stay strong, Alice," Claude said, using her name for the first time since their contract had been instilled. His eyes closed, attempting to revert some of the pain into himself instead. His muscles clenched, body shaking as he leaned over her. "G-get it out!!" She yelled in pain, trying her hardest to stay strong, but it did indeed hurt.

It was agonizing, letting out another scream. "NOW! THATS AN ORDER!!" Alice yelled out, spreading her legs as tears ran down her cheeks. "It can't be rushed," Claude barely grimaced out. "You have to hold on.". "H-how long..?" She whimpered, the contraction over as she breathed deeply.

Alice didn't know how pregnancy worked, her mother never got to even give her advice on child birth, or even raising a child.."At this rate, 15 minute at the most," Claude said, opening his eyes. Wildly dancing behind his gaze. "Please. Hold on.".

"I-I'll try.." She whispered.

Within the next fifteen minutes, she had five horrible contractions.

Finally, it was time, screaming in pain as the child began to crown, Alice panting loudly. "I-it's coming..!" She yelled, hoping Claude would do something. Claude released his grasp from her hand, moving closer to where the child was emerging. His hands pushed apart her legs, getting a closer view at what the two of them had created. "I see it," Claude whispered. Screaming filled the room, pushing as hard as she could in time when instructed to, panting as swear formed on her forehead.

After the third push, Alice shut her eyes, relaxing once she heard the squealing of her child. Claude's hands were the first to hold the child. The creature wiggled slightly within his grasp, Claude's eyes widening as he proceeded to clean it off. She was a spitting image of them. As if someone had crafted exact halves of the two and placed them together. She was magnificent.

Alice softly panted, keeping her eyes shut. "W-what is it..?" She said quietly, trying to stay awake.

"It's a girl," Claude said, his voice coming out choked. His eyes brimmed with an unfamiliar liquid.

"I knew it.."

Even though she wanted to giggle, she couldn't.

The female felt weak as her chest rose and fell slowly.

Alice was trying to open her eyes and keep them open, but she couldn't. "C-can I see her..?".

Claude stood frozen for a moment, eyes locked with the bundle that he held within his arms. A hand reached out, finger pulling back cloth that surrounded her face. It was as if he was looking into a mirror.

Claude stood frozen for a moment, eyes locked with the bundle that he held within his arms. A hand reached out, finger pulling back cloth that surrounded her face. It was as if he was looking into a mirror. The little girl's eyes slowly opened, hues a stunning gold, just like her fathers.

She had her mother's slight dimples by her cheeks, whimpering as she looked up at him. She was hungry.

"Claude...? I-I wanna....see.." Alice whispered, her eyes shut.

Claude jerked out of his state, glancing blankly toward her. "O-of course..." He stammered, handing the bundle toward her mother.

Alice somewhat sat up, opening her eyes slightly as she took ahold of the child weakly.

Tears of love, pain, and happiness filled her eyes and ran down her face, a smile setting in place. "S-she's beautiful.." The mother whispered, looking over at Claude, inhaling deeply. "I-I'm sleepy..can I sleep for a while..?" She asked, her words somewhat slurred.

Claude's eyes widened, concern clear across his countenance.

"No!" He cried, his hand extending to grab the child from her grasp. He clutched the bundle close, his free hand extending to hit her across the face. The crack made him flinch but he stood his ground. "You must fight."."Ow.." She sniffled as she held her cheek, breathing deeply. "But I'm tired..I-I'll be okay.." Alice whispered as she looked up at him and the little girl. "Raven..? C-can we name her that..?".

"After the blasted Michaelis?" Claude snapped. "I'd rather kill it myself."

His arms cradled the child, staring deeply into her golden eyes. "She's a danger, Alice. To you."

"He is a crow" she glared as she fought to keep her eyes open. "Do you really want..my last moments to be..a fight?" She asked, her heart starting to race, her breathing becoming slower.

"You aren't leaving," Claude growled, his eyes glowing a harsh tone of red. He instantly frowned, his brow furrowing. "Your seal," Claude whispered. "I-it's burning.." She whispered, her seal glowing, looking as if fire. "I-I want to be okay.." Alice said as she cried silently. "C-can I sleep a-and you keep an eye on m-e?" She whimpered, trying hard not to cry as her seal burned her. "I-I don't want to die.." She whispered softly as tears began to stream. "You must fight," Claude repeated, eyes closing shut as he gripped firmly against her hand once more. "You must continue to fight."

"I-I will.."