Blind Love and Life Lessons

"I desire you every moment of the contract's length," Claude said, turning suddenly to face her. "There is nothing that will stop me from that. Affirmation of this emotion is impossible. I could never have those feelings on my own."

"I just...I can't believe I fell for a demon..who can't even love me back..but I'm glad I did..I don't know why, but I'm glad I did.."

She turned, looking up at him. "Could you try..? I see the way you look at me..that's what love feels like.

I also know that you hate Raven.."

She whispered, her voice cracking here and there, having that hoarse sound.

She wanted to make up, but not leave all the cards on the table.

"I have never stopped feeling the way I have for you," Claude said. "If you are to order it, I can attempt my best effort."

He entwined his fingers with hers once more.

"I..I order you to try to love me.." She spoke softly, holding his hand softly. "And I order you to treat Raven like a child, not a disgrace".

Claude's jaw visibly clenched at these words.

"As you wish," Claude said, the words strained as he attempted to control his composure once more.

"Please..I hope it doesn't have to stay an order.." She whispered, kissing his cheek softly. "Go bond with her please..".

Claude bowed lowly before her, turning toward the door. "I promise nothing but I follow you always," Claude said, his words sharp as he left her to her thoughts. Alice somewhat nodded, thinking of many things, her mind wondering as she held her stomach.

Raven was still in the crib, looking around as she whimpered, it was very dark in the room, nearly pitch black. Claude wandered silently back toward his child's room. His mind was blank, his expression following suit. He moved mechanically, the words of the contract seeming to be what physically pushed him toward the room. He was nothing more than a doll. Following orders.

His hand produced a candle from a pantry, a flickering light extending toward the baby's room.

Raven waited, sensing her father come near, the female turning her head to the door.

Claude eyed the baby, blinking as he stared down at the creature. He sighed, placing the candle on a table near her crib. Turning, he reached down and grabbed the girl, her gurgling a foreign sound as he placed her into his grip.

The baby snuggled into him, giggling softly.

She looked to be about 2 months.

Her black hair was a mess, her gold hues looking up into his own, grabbing his nose as she smiled somewhat, her mouth open slightly.

Claude's eyes widened as the girl grabbed at his face, his hand instantly moving to slap hers away. "How dare you.." He started to growl, his seal burning slightly as he said these words.

'Bond'

The word rang through his ears. His bond to Alice. Her bond to this child. The bond he was supposed to forge. He sighed. Attempting to calm himself down, he gave a single finger to Raven.

Raven took ahold of his finger, giggling more as she put it in her mouth, somewhat slobbering on it.

"Bababababa" she mumbled, gurgling here and there, her eyes focused on the finger.

Claude thanked whatever deity the humans believed I that he had a glove placed thinly over his finger. The saliva of the baby seeped through the fabric, touching his skin. His lips curled in distaste.

"Must you? Have I not already enough to clean?"

Raven continued, grabbing another one of his fingers, holding one in her left hand, the other in her right as mouth.

"Muaaaa" she laughed, looking up at him. "Dadadadadada" she mumbled lowly, sucking on his index finger.

"That's not my name..." Claude mumbled, his eyes rolling as he stared down at the girl. "Though I suppose I don't have much of a choice. Neither did you. " he sighed.

"We never get choices do we? We like to think we do but life is written before we begin living. It's a pity.".

"Badadadada" she giggled grabbing his nose yet again, still chewing on his fingers with her toothless gums.

She was a talkative child, most children her age weren't.

"I share a life lesson with you and this is how you repay me," Claude said, his voice contorted from her grabbing his nose.

The little girl laughed harder, squeezing it some as she bounced around in his arms slightly.

Raven let go of his hand, moving her other one to his hair, tugging on it somewhat.

"That is where I draw the line," Claude said, a touch of humor gracing his voice. "That's your mother's job," he said chuckling at the thoughts that followed.

Raven smirked slightly as she pulled on his hair down what, looking back at him only to giggle, pulling more.

As of testing him. "Dadadadadadadadadada!"

"Don't you have something else to worry about?" Claude asked, his own hand coming to grab her finger. "This is mine now.".

Her eyes widened, looking at his hand, then his eyes as she tried to pull away.

Raven tried to not giggle, but she was having to much fun, laughing bursting out of her little mouth as she tried to pull away.

Her laugh.

Her smile.

It was all, beautiful.

Claude sighed, his forehead resting upon the child's own, much like he did with her mother.

"You're mine."