「Selfish Forgivings」

After panic, Alice felt a feeling..almost, disbelief.

He was gone, she could feel it.

"Claude?" She asked softly, knocking on her own bedroom door.

"It's been dealt with," he said, coming over and opening the door with his free hand. It instantly wrapped around her.

She hugged him closely, trying to relax, only for her heart to race.

"I-is Raven okay..?" She sniffled, holding back tears.

"She fell asleep during the last moments," he said, not wishing to let either of them go. "She's exhausted, Alice."

"I bet.." She sniffled. "My poor baby..I-I just left..I thought.. I thought it was best...!" She sniffled again, starting to cry.

"Shhhh," he said, holding them both closely. "There was nothing you could have done better. This is fight between my kind."

Alice sniffled softly, breathing deeply as she nodded.

Soon, a thought came into her mind. "Did you ever imagine yourself being this nice to anyone?" She asked with a soft smile.

He gave a single laugh, shaking his head as he ran his fingers softly through her hair. "There's always a time for one to begin their firsts."

"You're to cute." She giggled softly, smiling up at him.

"I really wanna grow.." The girl mumbled, relaxing into him.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I feel to short.." She mumbled into his chest with a soft sigh.

"You're the one who found this form most appealing," he chuckled. "It's not my fault you humans enjoy me like this."

"Oh, I'm not complaining about you." She smiled up at him. "I like you exactly as you are.." Her cheeks began to blush.

"That's my line," he said, staring softly down at her. "Your size doesn't define how much I care for you."

She couldn't help but keep her smile. Her eyes shining as hers stared into his own.

".." She was silent, not knowing what to say, flattered.

"Now, please, spend some time with her. You both deserve rest. There's work to be done and I shall see to it. I ask that you stop worrying."

"Alright.." Alice smiled softer, grabbing her child as she held the baby close.

"In about 2 hours, make sure there is a bath ready for her and I?" She asked him, turning back to face him.

"Of course," he said, giving a slight bow. It had been awhile since he'd properly acknowledged their contract. "Is there anything else?" He asked, giving one last stroke to her cheek.

"Just make sure Timber feels at home, alright?" She smiled even more, stroking the back of her sleeping child's head softly.

"He's already seen everything that's happened," he said, reminding her of the demon's relationship to his father.

"I know, but just make sure he doesn't feel like a outcast or something.." She whispered, on her tippy toes as her mouth reached his ear.

"Promise?"

"I give you my word," he said, nodding as he began to walk away. "Take care. I can't stand to see you in such pain as you were before."

"We will rest."she whispered softly before walking towards her own bedroom, humming softly.