Blame it on the Alcohol

"Driver,Go!"

He yelled, jumping in along with the girls.

Raven saw her limp mother, the little girl sniffling. "Mama..." She said somewhat, reaching for the lifeless being.

"Driver, Go!" He heard, the elder male starting to steer the horses as fast as he could.

Everything was so out of perspective, even if Alice was out if it, she was aware of it all.

Claude ran his hand down her cheek, his eyes glancing frantically at her.

"Alice.... Please." he whispered.

"Claude...." She whispered softly, breathing deeply as Raven looked over at her mother.

She was sitting up by herself, hanging on to her father's tail coat.

"We're going to get you though this." he said, pressing his forehead against her own. "I promise you this."

Alice had never seen the male so caring towards her.

She felt so..loved.

Though, she couldn't say anything. So, she lightly squeezed his hand, then harder everytime she could.

He glanced out the window, yelling at driver inquiring how long it would be.

It would take ten minutes.

The worst ten minutes of her life(so far).

Her chest ached.

One moment she would feel all bubbly. Then she would feel a tremendous amount of pain.

Claude glanced toward the child, a strange idea formulating in his mind. "Could you... Could you age?" He asked Raven.

She slightly nodded some.

Raven had about 8 minutes left.

As he father asked, she changed on site, breathing rather deeply, holding her mother's hand with a frown.

"Comfort her." he whispered, searching through the carriage for any sort of blanket or cloth that could help her feel comfortable.

The girlslightly nodded, blinking as she saw her pale mother.

Sh wanted to cry, but held back tears as she held her mother close.

"I-it's okay....I-I'll be..okay.." Alice whispered softly to her child, hoping she would hear.

"Order me to do something!" Claude yelled out, his hands scrambling around the compartments.

Raven couldn't talk, frantically looking around the carriage.

"Calm down.." Alice managed to get out.

"Get...the first aid.." She inhaled. "Look for...poison control.."

He narrowed his eyes, spitting the small case and flipping the thing open. Small bits of medical supplies dumped out, claude searching for what she asked for.

As the little bottle found Claude's hands, they had made it to the hospital.

The driver quickly opened the door for the three.

Claude grabbed Alice within his arms, holding her close as he rushed outside of the carriage.

She felt safe, cared for.

As her eyes opened somewhat, she saw his worried face, frowning slightly.

Raven ran behind them, wiping her eyes.

Claude rushed through the building, glancing around at the milling people.

"She's dying!" He called out.

Their smiles faded, urgency filling the air as a male doctor quickly took her, laying her gently on gurney, wheeling her to the far end of the hall. "What happened?" He calmly asked.

"I'm not quite sure," Claude said, scowling at the thought of humans being able to do more to help his mistress that his own powers. It disgusted him. "Poison."

"She reeks of Alch-..how old is she?" The doctor asked, turning into a room.

"17," he instantly replied, his mind seeming to be thinking of something entirely different than this.

"And she has been drinking?" He asked, looking back at the butler.

"I don't recall opinions as one of your job descriptions," Claude snapped.

"Yes sir." The doctor said, assuming that the male was courting her.

"Sir, she has a very bad case of Alcohol poisoning..she isn't dying." He spoke softly, Giving a hopeful smile.

Claude breathed a heavy sigh, leaning against a wall as a wave of unknown relief washed over him.

"She'll be alright?".

"In time, yes. She will need to have her stomach pumped." The doctor said, Alice laying silent and still on the hospital bed.

"What does that mean for myself?" Claude asked. "What am I to do for her?"

"Have her stay here a couple hours." The doctor replied. "Then just watch what she eats for now on, nothing to salty."

He nodded, glancing down the hallway toward Alice's location.

"You can see her, I won't charge you." The male spoke, walking beside Claude.

"Excuse me." He said to Raven, Raven slightly moving the other way, her grip on her father's hand tightening.

Claude pulled her closer, glancing at her slightly. "Do you understand what's happening?" He asked her, walking slowly after the doctor before them.

Raven shook her head, wiping her eyes with her spare hand.

It was so frightening, for all she knew, her mother could be dead for all she knew.

"She will live," Claude said, giving a comforting tone to his voice. "I promise you, we will bring vengeance upon those who did it to her."

Raven instantly started crying, hugging him close. They weren't so silent anymore. She began to weep, pain and sadness with every sob.

Claude pulled her closely, a hand running through her hair as he gave an effort to comfort his child. He was determined. There was to be no mercy for the flies that dared do this to the ones close to him.

Raven held on tighter, time was up.

Within a blink of an eye, she was back to her regular self, but about 11 months now.

Even if tiny, she didn't notice, still crying her little heart out.

Claude gave a soft kiss toward where her mark was, his own glowing softly at their physical touch.

The little girl sniffled, looking down at her father.

"Shush...be at peace, it's alright.."

The child calmed down within a minute or two, her body reaching to grab his head.

She didn't like being held so far above nothing for to long.

Claude grabbed her, lifting her against his body as they approached Alice's location.

"Claude..?" Alice whispered, looking over at him, breathing deeply. "I...I heard Raven crying...is she okay..?"

"She's alright," Claude said, his eyes widening as he glanced at her. It hurt him to see his Mistress in pain. He felt the weight of failure upon him.

"Good.." She whispered lower, slightly smiling.

Even if it hurt, she was happy that her child was okay.

"Do you have any idea what happened to you?"