The Shopping Spree

He drove them toward the town, glancing back every so often to check on how they were doing. After a small time had passed, he turned into a roundabout, entering the limits of the city's square. Looking out the window, Alice smiled, admiring all of the stores she had visited as a small child.

"Claude, we have things to tend to tonight.." She said softly.

He raised an eyebrow slightly as he drove. "Whatever do you mean?" Claude asked.

"Things.." The female blushed red, looking at him through the carriage window with a smile, winking at him once they made eye contact.

He chuckled, tongue clicking as he stopped the horses all together. Jumping down from the carriage seat, Claude reached for the door, allowing Alice to step out.

The female stepped out with her daughter, smiling softly.

"Which one should we visit first?" She asked softly.

"You're asking for my opinion on women's clothing?" Claude asked, his eyes filling with touches of mirth. "Just pick one." She smiled softly, holding his hand as some people stared.

"Isn't that Madam Wright?"

Some spoke.

"Isn't she 17? She was sworn to never bare children."

"That's a rumor."

Countless things where whispered.

Claude's eye bored into them harshly, daring the passerby's to say their comments louder.

"The incessant flies buzzing about are what make me despise the city," Claude grumbled. "Indeed.." She whispered, sending glares their way as she darted into a baby store.

Her eyes widened.

Here it was, the cuteness, the little socks and all.

"Look Claude!!" She said happily, making her way to some little booties. "Look how tiny!!".

He rolled his eyes, following her further into the store.

"They're lovely," he said absentmindedly, glancing through the window at the groups passing by.

She giggled softly, grabbing a basket and putting them into it. "Hold her." She spoke, handing him Raven before he could reply.

Alice seemed as if she was in a shopping heaven.

Claude snapped out of his watch, glancing down at the baby in his arms. "Perhaps we shouldn't bother your mother," Claude whispered. "She seems to be determined.".

Raven blinked, grabbing his nose with a little giggle, dropping her bear.

As the animal fell, she quickly retrieved it, smiling more as she held it in her spare hand, looking back to her father, hoping for satisfaction.

He was observing Alice through the store, debating whether to keep an eye on her or to save the child and himself from being subjected to retail torture.

Raven frowned slightly, exhaling as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"Dada.." She sniffled, looking up at him, holding the little bear close.

"Dear, who would you prefer to be with right now?" Claude asked, eyes glancing quickly to the child. "Daddy has a few flies to take care of...".

Raven shut her little eyes, still sniffling as Alice blinked. "You two of course.." The female smile softly, looking back at her family.

"I was talking to her," Claude said, eyeing the child in question. "It would seem people are refusing to end their useless opinions.".

"And if they are?" Alice said softly, sighing somewhat as she made her way to her loves.

"It's a butler's duty to protect their Mistress," Claude said harshly.

"As long as they do not harm me.." She said softly, kissing her butler's cheek as she continued to shop.

"Should I shop in the toddler section as well?" Alice asked the male, turning back at him where he once stood.