「Doing the Impossible」

"She's something that we've never seen before," he said, still racking his brain for the way to explain. "Fox, Father. Something this powerful hasn't been seen in centuries. I still don't even know the stories behind them."

Raven blinked, only halfway listening as she kept her state at th eldest male.

"Father, we need your guidance. For this one time in my life, I am asking for your help."

The elder stared incredulously at his kin, eyes flickering between the two standing before him.

"I've never seen one quite like this before..."

Raven reached for him, giggling somewhat.

For she was actually able to feel..

The elder knelt down, his eyes still harsh but washing over her with a new wave of... Uncertainty almost. He titled his head as he observed, looking for her mark. A hand reached out to touch her.

As he tried, shocks of lighting started to feel up to his finger tips.

She growled softly, her eyes now a violent red.

"What are you..." He wondered aloud, staring at the child. "What are you capable of?"

To be honest, Raven was capable of most anything.

"Ngh.." She frowned, reaching for him. She wanted him to hold her, he would then be able to feel her power.

His arms reached forward once more, placing the child firmly into his grasp.

She instantly attached to him, hugging him close.

The male felt such strong power within her..how could something of his offspring be so..nice?

"Have you thought about what to do with her?" He asked, glancing over at Claude as he held the small girl. "She clearly isn't like anything to come from our line yet."

Claude blinked, unsure of how to react to the sight before him. It was horrifying, if you asked him. Seeing such a... Gentle side to his father.

Raven had her head in the crease of his neck, actually feeling at ease in his grasp.

She was innocent in everyone's eyes..but her own.

"Raven," Claude said, stepping a bit closet to where the two of them were. "Raven, can you understand us?"

Raven nodded somewhat, her eyes droopy though.

She hadn't slept all day..

Claude noticed the sudden change of mood, concern clear in his eyes. It wouldn't be safe for her to be so defenseless around the elder. He switched his eyes back to his father, attempting to rectify The situation.

"Father, you're going to have to trust in someone other than yourself," he said darkly. "You're going to have to trust that I know what I am doing. For once, trust in what I am capable of."

He reached out, hoping to signal raven to come closer to him.

As she listened, Raven reached out for her father.

She was incredibly tired. Not only from crying somewhat from whenever she bit her grandfather, and from the fact that she was crying earlier..earlier with the dreaded Italians.

Though, the girl didn't mean to have her guard down.

The elder broke from his slight trance, staring at the two of them togeher one last time. "You know that I'll never put my trust in someone again. Trust leads to betrayal. I will not tolerate anything but perfection from both of you.

Claude said nothing, his eyes fixated roughly on the male. He would do his best but he knew the ways of his Father. Nothing was ever this simple when one made a deal with him.

With nothing said, Raven, rather quickly, fell asleep in her fathers arms.

The child breathed deeply, sucking on her thumb somewhat, arm rested on Claude's shoulder.

And as quickly as he has entered their haven, he vanished, leaving nothing behind but the faint chill that darkness brought.