「Humans Humorous?」

"So...your a 3000 year old dad." Alice giggled more, soon laughing as she shut her eyes, bursting into a fit of laughter

"I say experience comes from age," he said, shaking his head as she laughed. "You're lucky I enjoy your company or this would be the last you heard of it."

"Sure it would be." She smirked, hugging him close from his sides

Claude couldn't really describe the feelings that came from this once in a demon's lifetime experience. He was content. That's all he could really grasp at.

"So.." She smiled even more, looking up at him. "The Queen's Ball is coming up..want to court me?" Alice asked softly

"Is that an order?" He asked, sighing as he feigned boredom. "I suppose a master's orders are absolute."

"It wasn't an order.." Her smile quickly faded from a smile into a frown, sorrow filling her face.

"Never mind, it was a dumb question." She stepped away from him, starting to back away as she turned around, hiding her face.

"Excuse me." She as quickly as she fled the room.

Timber looked over at Claude, eyes widened slightly. He was silent, Raven soon joining the stare as well.

"I thought humans liked jokes..." Claude sighed, turning around to try and debate whether to follow after Alice. "What am I supposed to do?"

"I didn't have the slightest clue you were joking until the last comment.." Timber said softly, turning his head towards were Alice ran off. "Go after her.."

"She's the only one that I would do that for," he said, turning and quickly walking toward the direction Alice had gone. "Watch her!" He called over his back.

"Sure thing!" He called back, picking Raven off the table with a soft smile.

As Claude made it up the stares, his eyes saw the study door shut slowly.

He tilted his head as he saw this, confused as to why she had chosen this room as her place of sanctuary. He stepped forward, his hand reaching out toward the wooden frame. He rapped softly against it.

| ohh |

He heard a quick sniffle, then a soft scuffing of chair against the hardwood floor.

"C-come in.."

His fingers turned the doorknob slowly, peeking his head in before the rest of him followed.

"Alice?" He asked softly.

"Mhm?" she replied her bak to the door as she stood, wiping her eyes, playing it off as if she was fixing her hair.

Claude stepped in, silently shutting the door behind him. He stayed where he was, his eyes glancing at the female.

"Is everything alright?" She asked, quickly clearing her throat as she moved to face him.

"Shouldn't I be asking that to you?" He asked her softly.

"Oh..heh." She faintly smiled, rubbing her arm slightly. "It was a dumb question..a butler courting me, what would they think?" She sighed, starting to frown again.

"I thought your kind was adept to humor," he said, shaking his head. "Truth be told..." He sighed, glanced over the walls as he avoided her gaze.

"Humor? Did you think I was kidding?" She asked softly, making their eyes connect. "Maybe you can go under a different name?"

"I desire nothing more than to follow you to the ends of the world and back," he said suddenly, his eyes pleasing with her as he glanced toward her.

"Really..?" Her frown transformed into a smile, walking over to him as she hugged him close. "I'm glad.."

"So, shall I begin?" He chuckled.

"Begin what..?" She asked.

"My Lady," Claude said, giving an exaggerated bow.