Roses

"I-I'm sorry.." She whispered, closing her eyes. She felt ashamed, ashamed of the fact that she struck him. Ashamed that she couldn't be everything she wanted him to have.

Her stomach growled, wincing slightly. With that, the baby started kicking violently, Alice panting somewhat. "I-I'm okay..". Claude placed a hand upon her stomach, his other arm used to support her back as he lifted her into his arms. He said nothing, walking toward the bathroom with her lightened form. The females eyes stayed shut, the baby kicking at his hand, Alice now controlling her breathing.

She said nothing, she didn't want to complain or be a bother.

Somehow the bathroom had become a serenity. Candle were lit and water floated gently with rose petals swimming above it. It was dark and yet the light provided was a comforting beacon.

Claude acknowledged none of this, setting her down gently on the tub's edge.

Her eyes opened slowly, looking around in the bathroom, slowly smiling softly. "Did you do this..?" She whispered, slowly taking off his shirt that she wore, then per panties and socks. "This is beautiful..". He said nothing, hands reaching for a sponge to begin washing her. His eyes betrayed no emotion, his lips sealed as tightly as his heart.

She had bruises all over her stomach from where the child kicked.

Alice felt at ease, relaxed. "Claude.." She said softly, moving into the tub slowly, holding her stomach on her way down.

His eyes met hers, flecks of golden seeming almost to be worn down. He was running himself dry, the past few days accumulating a blanket of self sabotage.

His hands ran down her back, wordlessly scrubbing and attempting to care for the one he loved.

"You look ill.." She frowned, rubbing her stomach softly. Sighing as she shut her eyes, enjoying the warm water and vanilla in the air. "Claude..please tell me what is upsetting you...is it me..?". "I'm fine," Claude forced out, the words seeming to break the ice that had built it's way between them. "Please, rest.".

"Alright..."