Stolen

Claude's grip tightened as he pulled Alice close to his body. Her heart beat silently, his hand coming over to cover her neck at the contract seal. The both burned brightly, illuminating the dark room.

"By the terms of this contract, forged for your soul, I order your life restored.".

After about a minute of silence, Alice's eyes closed tightly, coughing her as her lifeless rag doll of a body come to life, falling from his grasp to the cold floor, coughing violently as she cried.

She saw her parents, felt her mothers hand against her cheek.

They were ashamed of her, but they loved her child.

She sobbed, the man she loved had killed her, let her know that her parents hated her for the decision that she had made.

No even admiring the fact that it was to avenge her death.

'Always follow your heart', her mother would always say.

I guess her heart was wrong..

"Live," he repeated, his hand extending to meet with her own as she crawled upon the ground.

He saw as she flashed through the process of her life. It was a fascinating thing, these humans memories. They cherished the things that bring them joy and cover those that destroy them. Claude would never understand.

"Well well well, I believe you stole down thing from me~?"

Spoke a man, but her sounded feminine..

It was Grell, his red hair nearly touching the ground as he looked down at Alice. "It's a shame what you demons can do..".

Claude scoffed, crossing his arms as he leaned against the doorframe.

"And you reapers claim to be more forgiving? You have to spare her, you realize? My contracts override your rules.".

"That's why I did" he sighed, rolling his eyes as e walked to the window. "If she does by your hands again, my rules override yours" was all he said before disappearing out the window.

Alice was silent, tears streaming as she held her neck, eyes shut tightly, trying to not let any sound out.

Claude said nothing, his arms reaching down and scooping Alice up within his grasp. "Put me down.." She whispered, her voice cracking.

Her throat was killing her, along with her neck, chest, an heart.

"Y-you.....killed me.."

She was shocked, he honestly didn't think he would go that far.

"Rest," Claude said simply, placing her down upon the bed. His lips moved to give her a simple kiss upon the forehead.

'DONT TOUCH ME'.

She wanted to yell, staying silent.

How could he be so okay with this?

As her eyes shut, just to please him, Raven began to cry.

She thought her mother was dead.

Claude pressed a single finger to his lips, miming a silencing motion.

"Shh," he whispered. He blinked, an alien expression coming across his face. He was smiling.

Raven fell asleep almost instantly, Alice still wide awake. "How could you...kill me off, like him.." She glared at the wall once her eyes were open.

How was she so blind? Alice, Alois.

He killed both of us..

But how could she be so...ignorant?

"Do you love me.." She whispered, it wast a question..it was more like a needing to know.