Teething

Raven gazed over at her mother, smiling brightly as she reached from his grasp.

"Mama!!" She called out to Alice, the mother's eyes widening, turning around to see her child reaching for her.

She couldn't help but smile, her heart felt with warmth as she set the items on the counter, rushing to her child.

"Raven.." The female smiled brightly, holding her baby close. Claude stood back a few feet, giving the two a chance to bond. It was fascinating to Claude to watch the young female work with the child. He never understood the need for care and affection that humans so craved.

"Claude..we should go home.." Alice smiled, holding her child closer. "Grab my things please.." She spoke softly, Raven holding onto her mother's hand.

"Of course," he said, reaching over to grab the ludicrous amount of things Alice had purchased.

He chuckled, walking beside her. "You make me glad it isn't my fortune you're using."

"What do you mean? What's mine is yours.." The female blushed a deep red. "You may be my butler to the public, but when you're with me..you're my love-" she paused, a hand on his arm. "And when you're with Raven and I..you're daddy..".

"Yeah.." She spoke softly, the smirk moving to her mouth as well. "Shall we go home? Or eat in town..?".

"You'll be the one eating, so..." Claude trailed off, glancing at her for a brief moment. "Though, you ask just SO much of me, I don't know if I can cook without the proper amount of persuasion."

"Not later.." Was all she said, a smirk in place as she listened to him.

"Let's eat out, since I'm the only one eating.." Her smirk grew, holding her baby close, walking back to the carriage.

"As you wish," Claude said, giving a well exaggerated bow her way. "Did you have a specific place in mind?" "Something..Italian." The female smiled as she sat down slowly, making sure Raven was safe.

"Italians never taste good," Claude muttered, following her path.

"Their food is amazing.." She smiled softly, making rook for him inside.

She had called for one of her assistances to come and drive for them.

He stepped in, taking the plush seat opposite of her own. "Their souls are as fattening as their meals," Claude said, rolling his eyes as he looked out the carriage's window. "What of Raven? Do you wish for her to grow more accustomed to human foods?".

"I would rather it.." She spoke softly, handing the said child to Claude. "If all honesty, I would rather her not eat a soul.." She whispered softly, looking away from the two.

"Her demon side will grow weary," Claude explained. "Without souls, her power would drain and her demon within would become enraged, turning her into anything but our daughter.".

"Oh wow, I-I didnt know.." She said softer, looking at her child. "When does she need to eat one..? Or what would she do?".

"It's not much," Claude sighed. "Truly, we're gluttonous creatures. We really only need one every few years. We enjoy them so much, however, that we make ourselves ravenous for more.".

"Hm..well, what about you? I mean, you can't feast on mine until 'you know what' and that won't happen for years..maybe ever in my existence.." She added, becoming more serious about the conversation.

As Alice spoke, Raven's eyes grew to a deep red, grabbing her father's hand, biting down on it as hard as she could.

Claude growled, pulling his hand away as he felt her contact. It wasn't pain from her bite that drew him away. It was the physical connection the child craved that scared him so much. It was her human side mixing deeply with her demon instincts. It wasn't something Claude had ever seen before.

"I've feasted enough for a lifetime," he said sharply.

"Well then-is she okay?" She asked, handing the child her toy, only to be bitten as well, yelping in pain as she tried to pull away.

"Claude, help me!" She whisper yelled, not wanting the carriage driver to hear them. Claude was instantly holding Raven, seeming as if nothing had happened, as if he hadn't moved.

"She's teething," Claude whispered.

"And her being half effects that?" She asked, holding her hand, rubbing it rather quickly.

"Is..is she alright?".

"If you'll notice," Claude said, a sudden aura of darkness coming over the carriage. He opening his mouth to show elongated teeth to her. "Demons don't exactly have the same limits as you.".