Speak for Yourself

"Something else I forgot to mention," he said, his gaze moving down to where Alice was laying.

"We created something unheard of."

"You violated laws and made something you can't control?!" He whispered towards him, his walk slow.

"Dada..." She sniffled, reaching up at him, eyes starting to water.

"Silence, Raven," he snapped, his eyes narrowing as Timber came closer.

"As I recall, having a demon mistress isn't something you're supposed to have done." he whispered harshly. "Look where that landed you."

The male said nothing at all, crossing his arms as he turned away.

He knew that if he said anything, even argued, that it would be the end of his stay.

So, he stayed silent, taking the verbal beating.

"Know your place." Claude said, turning away and glancing down at the child and his love once more.

"You'll help me if you wish to stay here."

"Yes sir.." He mumbled, keeping his head turned away.

"Dada." Raven whispered, trying to be quiet.

"What do you know of the stories about fox demons?" He asked timber.

"They are incredible..one of the best of our kind." Timber spoke softly.

"Superior to us both.."

"But why would that be born out of my lineage?" Claude questioned, reaching a hand toward the child in question.

Raven instantly took ahold of it, smiling softly.

"I-I don't have the slightest clue." He turned to face the child. "How did you...is the child's mother your..?"

He said nothing, his gaze falling down upon Alice. A sigh fell through his lips as he felt the child's touch.

"No way.." He spoke softly, walking over to the child, observing her carefully.

"She looks like you.."

"It's almost horrifying," he said honestly. "There's not much that can harm a demon, but this child could be one of the few."

"I...I see. What is her name again?" He asked calmly.

"Raven." he said softly. The word seemed strangely foreign when he said it to another person. He hadn't realized how isolated their lives had become.

"That's nice.." He spoke softer, without realizing, he had picked her up, holding her close.

Claude bit his lip harshly, glaring at Timber's audacity.

"What do you think you-" he cut himself off, attempting to control his internal rage.

"What?" Timber frowned. "She wanted to be held, you can't get mad at me for that. And look-" the male looked down at Raven, the little girl perfectly fine. "-she's okay, Claude."

He let out a breathe, his eyes closing as he attempted to calm himself.

"It's not easy being a father." he said, a laugh of disbelief and shock leaving his body. "I've never felt this urge to protect before. It's always been to destroy."

"That's..I couldn't have ever felt that before.." Timber said shocked, laughing slightly.

"She's quite the looker, you may wanna look out for boys." He smirked, letting her suck on his finger.