「Anything But」

"It would seem the words of the predator have found their way into its prey's lips."

The voice that echoed throughout the manor seemed to resonate with every syllable spoken. It was indescribable, as if a sheet of utter darkness had been placed over them.

Alice's eyes widened, fear running through her as her hands quickly moved to around his waist, hugging him close.

Her face was hidden in his chest, her heart beginning to race with fear.

"I've been waiting for you," Claude said, his eyes narrowing and teeth elongating as his eyes merged into their demonic form.

His arms pulled her closer, muscles clenching as adrenaline and hatred flowed through him.

"H-how lovely for y-you to join us.." She mumbled into his chest, loud enough for the eldest to hear.

Alice wasn't afraid to admit she was terrified, she was afraid of what would happen if she wasn't.

"You dare speak to me, Filthy Mortal?" The voice growled, shaking the furniture and fixtures around the room.

Alice then stayed silent.

But then, the eldest felt a slight tugging to his pants leg.

His gleaming eyes instantly burned in the direction of the contact, his gaze burning holes into the small child's face.

But Raven stood tall, even if she was hardly over a foot and a half.

The burns didnt hurt her, not did she fear him.

Her littler arms moved to hug his leg, her face healing as the mark on her hip began to shine, her eyes a majestic pink.

"This monstrosity is precisely why I am here," he snarled, kicking his leg in an attempt to fling raven against the wall.

The child didn't budge, starting to growl.

Alice's smirk returned, turning her head to face the unwanted visitor.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you.." Alice smirked even more.

She remembered something, Raven was teething.

"You're quite lucky I don't have enough of a care to come here in my true form," he snapped, his eyes glaring at Alice.

"Son, you should be ashamed at the failure of a product you've made for me."

"Failure?" Alice began to say, stopping herself with shock.

Raven had bit him, her teeth finally coming in as she chomped down as hard as she could into her grandfather's leg.

She was anything but a failure.