Chapter 8

"Hello?" Lexi's voice rang through the phone.

"Lexi! Are you free tonight?" I asked, hoping she is.

"Sure am! Why, got something planned?"

"Yea, I do. Wanna come over my house?"

"I'll be there soon, do I need to be wearing something in particular?" she asked, her voice cautious.

"Just wear something you can move around in, but casual," I said.

"Ok, be there in a sec."

The phone went dead. I squealed in excitement. In just 5 hours, I would be stood in front row, watching my best friend and his mates sing on stage.

Waking up this morning was unreal, finally I had something to look forward to in my day. At around 10, Niall had texted me, saying he misses me already. I giggled at the message. He also gave me the other boys' numbers and said that they already have mine. Creepers, I thought.

My phone buzzed on the kitchen counter and I quickly grabbed it. One new message. It was Niall.

From: Nialler

Hey Luc! Wanna come hang out with the boys and me before the show?

I smiled.

To: Nialler

If everyone's willing, then sure. Mind if I bring Alexis with me?

Then my phone buzzed like crazy. I had received 5 new messages. One from each boy asking me to hang out with them. I texted Niall again.

To: Nialler

I guess that settles it then. Where do you want to go?

Just then, someone knocks on the door. I stand up and open it, quickly welcoming Alexis in.

"What's up, girl?" she asked, raising her eyebrows at me. "What happened yesterday? Tell me everything."

We both sat down on the couch and I looked down at my phone to see a new message.

From: Nialler

Dunno, haven't decided yet, stay in your house though the lads and I will come around to pick you both up. xx

I smiled. I've got some explaining to do. So I launched into a full story about what happened yesterday, trying to condense it so that by the time the boys get here, she'll be up to date. It didn't take too long to explain since I left out details and just told her the most important things.

I don't know what kind of reaction I was expecting but it certainly wasn't the smiling but plain face she's giving me.

"Ok, is there something I'm missing? Or are you just not interested in what I just said?" I asked her, confused.

She laughed, "Oh no, I am extremely thrilled about all that. It's just that, I knew about him before you met him yesterday."

I was taken aback, "How?!"

She giggled again, "Your parents told me what was happening. But they only told me his name and that you were childhood friends. The rest, I kind of just searched them up. Girl, their boy band is huge around the world."

My mouth hung open, "So basically, I was the only one who didn't know about all this?"

She nodded, "Yep. Now what's the surprise?"

I smacked my forehead, "Oh right! Well, last night, Liam gave me two tickets to their concert tonight, so I'm taking you. Also, Niall just texted me, saying they're coming to pick us up so we can hang out."

Now it was her turn to hang her mouth open. "Dear, dear. Second day and it's a date already?" she joked.

I smacked her playfully in the arm, "If it was a date, you wouldn't be a part of it."

She was about to argue back but a horn sounded outside and my phone buzzed with a message from Niall telling me to come out. I grinned at Lexi and hauled her up. I grabbed my keys and purse and headed out the door.

This time they were using a Mercedes People Carrier since there's more of us. The door was opened and we were greeted with five super cheerful boys who helped us up and into the car. I was sat next to Niall and Alexis was next to Harry, who seemed to be pleased with the seating arrangement. Louis was driving this time and Liam sat in front with him. Zayn sat on the other side of Niall, facing the window.

With a quick cheer, we were off. Where to? I don't know. I looked around and figured I should introduce. I cleared my throat, "Boys, this is Alexis, my best friend. Alexis, meet Niall, Harry, Liam, Louis and Zayn." I pointed to each one as i said their names and there was a loud chorus of "Hellos".

"So lads, where are we off to today?" I asked, feeling excited.

"We kind of want to stay out of the public eye, so I guess we can just catch a film for now," Harry explained. "Know a place we can watch a movie?"

Alexis and I nodded. I started giving instructions to Louis, we were heading to the IMAX theatres and we all agreed on watching the Hunger Games. Soon enough, everyone settled into their own conversations and I looked at Alexis and Harry, both talking animatedly about something. I smiled at them before talking to Niall and Zayn.

When we got to the cinemas, we all got into our seats and settled in to watch the film. Niall pulled me closer to him, putting an arm around my shoulder. As we watched the film, he would wipe away my tears and hold me tight when it got gruesome. I felt so comfortable, and it felt like it was just the two of us alone. It felt so nice and peaceful that I groaned in disappointment when the lights turned on at the end.

Niall looked at me in amusement, "I enjoyed that." He added a wink. I blushed. He held his hand out for me to take and he led me out of the theatre, not once letting my hand go.

We all piled back into the van and Louis drove off, back to the studios since they have soundcheck. Apparently we were invited to stay so we went along.

"How'd everyone find the movie?" Liam asked.

Everyone started up again, describing each part that they liked and how frustrated they were at others. The conversation had lasted long enough to get to the venue. Then the boys all ran inside, pumped to get singing again.

Soon enough the boys were back from sound check. We all just played games and hung around, not really doing much. Then it was time for the concert. Security had kindly led us to our seats which were right in the middle of front row, directly where the boys will be standing in a few minutes.

The show was amazing, the pure excitement and happiness on the boys’ faces were priceless. It just shows how much they really love what they were doing. The fans were extremely loud as well, screaming their names, holding up posters, singing along, it was all perfect.