Chapter 29

It’s been six months since my trip to London with Alexis. Since then, I haven’t seen Niall in person, the boys were just too busy to be able to fly over and I miss him like crazy. There hasn’t been a day that went by without me thinking about him. He has kept his promise and we did talk but it’s just not the same as actually being able to touch him.

However, I don’t have to miss him any further since he was arriving here today, for my birthday. Yea, insane right? I am 20 years old and no longer a teenager. Depressing much? Who cares, I thought, Niall still arrives today. So, with that lingering thought, I hopped straight off my bed and to the bathroom to make myself look presentable. Then I bounded down the stairs and greeted my parents with a hug and kisses on the cheeks.

They both laughed. “Happy Birthday dear,” they greeted.

“Thank you! Great day today, isn’t it?”

They laughed again. “You only think it’s a great day because the boys are arriving today,” my dad grumbled.

I nodded, “Yep, pretty much.”

“Well honey, we think your birthday’s more important than those boys. Anyway, we got you a present.” My mom pulled out a small, wrapped box from behind her and handed it to me.

“Aw, thanks mum. Thanks dad,” I gushed. I carefully unwrapped it and gasped when I saw what was inside. It was a small, gold locket with intricate engravings of leaves and swirls surrounding the words “We Love You”. I took it out of the box and laid it gently on my palm and with the other hand, I popped it open. There were sepia pictures on both sides and it was of my mum and dad when they were still considerably younger. I smiled in amusement and turned the locket over. The back had more engravings but this time it only contained the words, “Love, Mum and Dad”.

I looked up at them and beamed. “It’s amazing, thank you so much!”

My mum took the locket for me and clasped it around my neck. “You’re welcome dear, we’re glad you like it. It looks beautiful on you.”

“Just don’t gush too much about how handsome I am,” my dad joked.

I rolled my eyes, “Never.”

They laughed loudly and I embraced them both in a hug. “I love you both too,” I said quietly.

I let them go and they stood up. “Honey, I’m sorry we can’t spend your birthday with you. We’ll have dinner together tonight, ok? Bring the boys and Alexis too,” mum said.

“Have a great day, dear. We’ll see you later,” dad added.

I kissed them both on the cheeks and saw them off before gathering my purse and heading out as well. I promised the boys Alexis and I would pick them up at the airport so I called her up and told her that I was leaving the house. She said she’d just meet me there and so off I sped, down the lanes, eager to get there.

When I finally did, I met up with Alexis and together, we sat down at a café and ordered a light breakfast. The boys weren’t due in for another hour or so.

“Happy Birthday Luc!” Alexis said, as we sat down and then handed me a present.

“Oh thank you, Lexi!” I hugged her and sat down myself.

“Hope you like your present,” she giggled.

I smiled and unwrapped it. I laughed because it contained the bobble head figures of the boys.

“Thanks, Lexi. This’ll definitely be on my bedside table.” I winked at her and she did a little excited dance.

“That’s my dream come true. I’ve always wanted something that I gave you on your table,” she joked. I rolled my eyes and laughed as we continued to eat.

Just as we finished, a voice overhead announced the boys’ flight number and said that it was landing in five minutes. Alexis and I jumped out of our seats, gave a squeal of excitement and ran to the arrival lounge where we would be seeing the boys in just a few minutes time.

A few very intense moments later and I heard them before I saw them. Their loud laughs and voices echoing out and then they came. Alexis and I both ran to them like our lives depended on it and I leaped straight into Niall’s arms. He squeezed me tightly and buried his head into the crook of my neck.

“Oh Niall, I missed you so much!” I sniffled.

“I missed you too, Lucy,” he said. “Happy Birthday, baby.” He straightened himself out and I leap back down.

“Thanks, Nialler,” I giggled.

Then I went around to every other boy, hugging them and greeting them. I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face and my cheeks were starting to hurt but I couldn’t care less. They were here, they were finally here. After six whole, torturous months, I was finally reunited with the boy that I love with all my heart.

The boys all greeted me a cheery happy birthday and after an embarrassingly loud cheer that sent people looking our way, Alexis and I led the way to our parked cars. Surprisingly, there weren’t a lot of screaming fan girls around but I was willing to bet that there were securities holding them back. The five boys split up into mine and Alexis’s cars and off we went to the Hilton Hotel where the boys were staying.

There was a very cheerful conversation running in the car as Liam, Zayn and Niall told me all about the months they spent working and everything they did. They all claimed to miss us and wished we were there but it was also clear that they were having a good time.

When we got to their hotel, the boys unloaded their luggage into their rooms and came running straight back into lounge where Alexis and I sat waiting. Niall put his arms around me and quickly pulled me to his chest and I inhaled his familiar scent before snuggling closer.

“So, Lucy, it’s your birthday, presents first or party?” Louis asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

“I never asked for presents so we’ll party first. I have an idea of what I want to do, you guys up for it?” I asked, looking around.

“Yea, anything. What is it?” Liam asked.

“Let’s play paintball!”