Chapter 27

I woke up with a great start this morning. I didn't even hesitate to get off my bed, I just went. I combed my hair and washed my mouth then skipped to the kitchen.

I snooped around the fridge and cupboards, looking for potential breakfast. Eggs, bacon and toast it is, I thought. When Alexis came out of her room, she sniffed the air and smiled. "Ooh! Breakfast, thanks Luc," she said, plopping down on a bench stool.

I winked at her before settling down myself. We piled our plates high and dug in, eating in silence.

"So, what's on our program today? You know, I can't believe it, we only have three days left till we have to go back," she said, frowning.

I sighed, "I know, I don't want to go back either. And we don't really have anything today, the boys haven't texted and I haven't got anything in mind. You?"

She shook her head, "Guess we can just have a lazy day then."

Our lazy day didn't last very long though, because right after the words came out of her mouth, my phone rang.

"Hello? Niall?"

"Hey Luc. You girls got anything on today?" he asked.

"Nah, why?"

"Oh great! Well, I promised you I'd take you to the studios. Wanna come today?"

"Hold on, I'll ask Alexis." Then I put the phone away from my mouth and faced Alexis.

“Niall wants to know if we want to go to the studios with them, wanna go?” I asked her.

She nodded, “Sure, better than staying here.”

“Yea, we’ll be there. Can you tell us the address?” I asked Niall.

“Mm, don’t worry about getting here, we’ll pick you up. See you soon baby,” he replied.

“Bye.”

I ended the call. I better get ready, I thought. Alexis and I both went and got changed and as soon as we finished, the boys arrived. Together, we cruised through London again and then we got to the studios.

“This is exciting! We finally have fun people to be with while working,” Louis said. We headed up a very tall building and the boys led us through the mazes of corridors.

“True, working in studios isn’t very fun,” Liam complained. “Oh that reminds me, Danielle and Eleanor are coming today too! Right, Lou?”

Louis nodded. “That’s great, you finally get to meet our girlfriends.”

I giggled, “Yay!”

The boys seemed to have found the room they were looking for since they stopped and Harry pushed the door open. Inside are two recording booths, a room with all the controls and a lounge room with two couches, a mini fridge in the corner and a coffee table in the middle. There were already people in the room, however, there were four of them but I only recognised Savan. The others must be the rest of the recording crew.

The boys were quick to start, greeting their managers, having a little chat about what they’re doing, and then Louis and Zayn were off to the booths to record their parts. Meanwhile, Alexis, Niall, Harry, Liam and I were sat on the couches and munching on the snacks they provided.

“So this is what goes on behind your album,” Alexis said, facing Harry.

He nodded back, “Yea, it’s really quite hard even though this doesn’t look like much work.” He chuckled, gesturing to what we’re doing.

“Basically, we take turns recording and whoever’s not, either sits around, write songs or read the lyrics already made by other people,” Liam spoke up.