Chapter 9

It had been three days since the concert and in exactly two weeks time, Niall would be flying back to London to carry on his career. Both of us hasn't wasted time, we were constantly out or at each other's places.

My phone buzzed, alight with Niall's name.

From: Nialler

I'm on my way to yours. You busy?

To: Nialler

Not too busy for my best friend. Come on over xx

I grinned, anticipating his arrival.

Minutes later, someone was knocking on my door. I jumped up and ran to the door, quick to open it. There he stood, just like when we were little, a grin on his face, rocking slightly back and forth. I let him in and we both settled on the couch.

"What do you have in mind today, Nialler?"

He shrugged but opened his arms, beckoning me to come closer. My heart fluttered as I came closer, snuggling into the chest of my best friend. He was warm and his arms around me made me feel safe, I never wanted to leave. I let my body relax and mould in his, the rise and fall of his chest was comforting and I could feel the beat of his heart on my back.

"I don't want to do anything but this," he confessed, quietly.

I sighed contently. "Me too."

We both lay down on the couch, letting the silence embrace us. Here in his arms, I was safe, I was home. I could feel his hot breath graze the top of my head as I lay my head on his chest. I wish I could freeze this moment and stay here forever.

My stomach filled with butterflies as a thought struck my mind. Am I falling for my best friend? Impossible, Niall's the closest guy friend I have! It can't happen, right?

Besides, he's an international popstar, millions of girls scream out his name everyday. How could I even compare to them? Who was I to compared to other superstars that Niall could easily get? The truth of the reality hurts. I was, is and forever will be a nobody.

I refused to let such thoughts let me down, however. I was in Niall's arms! I should be happy, just live the moment instead of worrying about other things.

"Nialler, what are you thinking about?" I whispered.

He slightly tensed and let out a deep breath, "Nothing worrying."

He didn't answer my question, but I could tell he didn't want to talk about it. So I just snuggled closer to him and he tightened his grip on me. My mind went blank as I continued to feel the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed calmly and continuously. That feeling alone of knowing that he  was alive and happy was enough to rid my mind of horrible thoughts.

I don't know how long we stayed like that, but eventually, I fell asleep. My breaths in sync with his. This moment is perfect.

What felt like minutes later, I heard voices. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming, but I could hear them. I shuffled slightly in my position and felt arms tighten around my stomach. Ah, Niall's still here. I let myself relax again but the voices are still there.

"Look at them, they're practically moulded to each other," a male voice said.

"You jealous Haz?" Another male.

Ok, definitely not dreaming then, I decided. So who are these people, what are they talking about and what are they doing in my house? The thought alerted my mind. Someone was in my house?!

I peeked an eye open to see four boys looking down at me and smirking. I breathed a sigh of relief, it was only them.

"Creepers," I muttered, looking up at them.

They chuckled softly. "Enjoying your nap, Luc?" Zayn wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at me.

I rolled my eyes then I realised what we must look like to them. I decided not to care, I was too comfortable. "I was actually, thanks for waking me up," I hissed, sarcasm dripping off my voice.

They laughed again. "We'll let you two lovebirds carry on. We'll wait around," Louis teased.

I frowned at them. They all spaced out around my living room as Harry flicked through the channels of TV, looking for good entertainment.

I was careful not to move too much so I don't wake Niall up. "How did you guys get inside my house?" I questioned them.

Liam looked at me guiltily. "Uh, you kind of forgot to lock your door."

Oh crap. Good thing they were the only ones who found out. I nodded lightly before carefully and slowly turning my body to face Niall. His grip around me loosened, as if he knows what I'm doing. I turned with ease and then his grip tightened again, like he's afraid that I'm going to vanish.

I took a few moments to take in Niall's features. The way his dirty blond hair was plastered on his forehead, how his pink lips were slightly parted, letting out warm breaths of air. I watched as his chest expanded and contracted, how the muscles on his arms slightly tensed, holding me in place. He was beautiful.

"Now who's the creeper?" Harry's deep voice in my ear startled me.

I jerked too much and looked at Niall guiltily as he stirred. I couldn't do anything or say anything back to Harry so I just ignored him and settled back into Niall's arms. I heard him chuckle, still somewhere close behind me.

I didn't want to disturb Niall but he must have sensed my discomfort somehow since he opened his eyes and glared past me, to Harry, I'm guessing. "Leave us alone, Haz," he said, his voice slightly strained.

Harry laughed loudly but I felt him back off. I blushed as I looked into Niall's blue eyes. "Sorry," I said.

He smiled, his blue eyes twinkling, he leant close to my ear and whispered, "Don't worry. I was already awake, I just loved the feeling of having you in my arms. By the way, like what you see?"

I gasped and hit him softly on the chest. "Little creep," I muttered. He chuckled softly. My heart was beating fast, he said he liked me in his arms. I was flustered. He chuckled again and kissed my forehead, leaving me feeling tingly and warm.

I sighed, knowing I was going to have to get up. I turned back around to face the boys and saw that they were all looking at us, mouths hanging open. I blushed furiously and let myself out of Niall's grip. He groaned in protest but I still continued walking away.

I went up to the bathroom and splashed myself with cold water. Did all of that just happen?

I heard the sound of the boys' voices downstairs. It all felt so surreal. Yet I couldn't help myself from grinning like an idiot. It was all real, I thought.