Chapter 25

The days seemed to have gone by in a blur and suddenly, I was faced with the fact that Alexis and I only had a week left before we had to fly back to Australia. The boys have been good hosts to us so far, taking us to see sights, restaurants or just hanging out with us in our hotel or in their apartment. Today, however, was the boys’ last day off which means that they go back to work tomorrow so Harry had decided to take Alexis out, to goodness knows where. From my knowledge, the rest of the boys were just at home, having a relaxing day in. I ended up just hanging back in my hotel as well, for the morning anyway.

That was until my phone rang on the coffee table, alight with Niall’s name.

From: Niall

Get dressed, baby, I’m picking you up. I’m taking you on a date ;).

I scrunched up my eyebrows but giggled at his cheesy text.

To: Niall

But, don’t you want to hang out with the boys? It’s your last day off after all.

The reply came lightning fast.

From: Niall

Nah, I get enough of them every day. I want to hang out with you! See you soon xx

I grinned widely, softened at how kind and caring he is.

I got off the couch and walked to my room to pick out an outfit for the day. He didn’t really tell me where we were going so I picked out a safe option. I put on jeans, a floral top, a sweater and a red knit scarf then I pulled on a pair of cream coloured, calf length boots. With a quick glance at the mirror, I waited in the lounge again, keen to know what Niall had planned for the rest of the day.

When I heard a knock on my door, I jumped up and opened it to see Niall standing there, smiling at me. “Hey, Luc. You look beautiful,” he greeted.

I laughed, “Always the charmer, Nialler.”

“Anything for you, of course,” he chuckled. “Ready to go?” He held out his hand for me to take.

I clasped his hand and shut my door, making sure it’s locked, before walking down the hall with him and to the elevator.

“So, Nialler, where’s this date you’re taking me to?” I asked, sneaking a sideways glance at him.

“It’s a surprise, you’ll see when we get there.” He smiled before squeezing my hand and leading me out of the elevator.

When we got out the doors, he led me to a black Aston Martin DB9, which he’s just recently acquired. I looked at him in amusement as his eyes glazed over admiring his car.

“Looks like I’ve been replaced,” I said, fake crying.

He laughed. “Of course not! You’ve just been placed second, that’s all,” he joked.

I smacked him playfully on the arm and he chuckled again as opened the passenger door for me.

“Why thank you, kind sir,” I said, extra posh.

He curtly bowed, carrying on the charade, before closing the door for me and walking to the driver’s side. Once he got in, he started the engine and drove away.

I didn’t realise where he was taking me until he parked the car and I saw the wide open space in front of me and a sign that says, “Regent’s Park”. Just one look was enough to make me gasp in the beauty that faced me.

I got out of the car and just stood there, observing my surroundings. I didn’t even realise Niall had gotten things out of the boot until he held my hand and we started walking through the park. He stopped at a spot near the playground a field of flowers and set the basket and his guitar case on the soft grass. He then bent down and laid out a picnic blanket before sitting down. I copied his actions and nestled down.

“I hope you don’t mind me taking you to a park for a date,” he began, shooting me a worried glance.

I smiled at him and put a hand over his. “No, this is perfect, Niall. I’d rather be here than have to act all proper in a restaurant,” I giggled. “Let’s save that for another day.”

He laughed and nodded his head. Then he took out sandwiches from the basket and offered one to me. “Nutella for you, m’lady,” he said.

“Oh I just loved you even more,” I giggled, accepting the sandwich.

For a while, we just ate and talked, appreciating the beautiful pieces of nature that surrounded us.

As he finished the last bite of his food, he took out his guitar and just strummed soft chords, humming to himself. Then he looked at me, smiled and started a different round of tunes. I recognized the song, it was She Is Love by Parachute. I was surprised that he knew the song but I didn’t interrupt him.

He started singing, his voice soft and gentle.

“I've been beaten down, I've been kicked around, 

But she takes it all for me. 

And I lost my faith, in my darkest days, 

But she makes me want to believe.”

“They call her love, love, love, love, love. 

They call her love, love, love, love, love. 

She is love, and she is all I need.”

“She's all I need,” he sang.

He didn’t take his eyes off me and I stared right back into his innocent blue eyes. I was captivated by his voice weaving through the chords his fingers plucked and strummed. He sounded so perfect and natural that I felt like I was listening to an angel.

“Well I had my ways, they were all in vain, 

But she waited patiently. 

It was all the same, all my pride and shame, 

And she put me on my feet.”

“They call her love, love, love, love, love. 

They call her love, love, love, love, love. 

She is love, and she is all I need.”

He slowly closed his eyes and kept on playing without faltering.  

“And when that world slows down, dear. 

And when those stars burn out, here. 

Oh she'll be here, yes she'll be here, 

They call her love, love, love, love, love. 

They call her love, love, love, love. love.” 

“She is love, and she is all I need, 

She is love, and she is all I need, 

She is love, and she is all I need,” he finished.

He opened his eyes and stared deeply into mine. Then he set his guitar down and put an arm around my waist, pulling me close and placed his lips on mine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has got to be one of my favourite chapters to write... What do you guys think? Yay or nay? Leave your comments! Thanks guys :D