Chapter 47

More and more months came and went. Niall and I had celebrated our 21st birthdays and our second anniversary without much trouble. He and I also continued on with our jobs and in a week, we were both going separate ways. He is going on another world tour with the band and I am off to America for a month, to do some work for the magazine. This would mean that I wouldn’t be able to see him again for over a month and we’re right back to scheduling our meetings and day offs.

I sighed sadly into his chest. He opened his eyes and frowned down at me. “What’s wrong, Luc?” he asked, rubbing circles on my back. We were both still in bed even though it’s just after 11 am. Truth be told, I just want to stay like this forever.

I shook my head. “It’s nothing. I’m sorry I woke you up.”

He turned away from me and yawned loudly. I giggled and his attention went straight back to me. “It’s not nothing, Lucy. Now what’s wrong?”

“I just remembered that we’re going to be away from each other again starting next week, that’s all,” I confessed. “I’m already wishing that we both don’t have to go.”

He brushed strands of my hair out of my face and smiled gently at me. “It’s gonna be alright. We did it before, we can do it again. Now stop being sad, I just remembered something.”

I rolled my eyes and laughed. “What is it this time?”

“We’re attending the BRIT awards in five days, so that’s like two days before we leave for tour. Of course, I need a date for that. Would you be mine?” He asked sincerely, mocking a voice of a gentleman.

I gaped at him. “Seriously? The BRITS? Why not take a celebrity with you?”

This time, he rolled his eyes at me. “Because you’re my girlfriend, genius. Of course I want to take you. Please come with me. It’ll be fun, I’m pretty sure Dani, El and Lexi are going too.”

I sighed. “Fine, I’ll go. I have nothing to wear though.”

He grinned at me. “Exactly why I’m taking you dress shopping today. Come on, love, don’t wanna waste the day.”

“You, me, dress shopping? Nuh-uh, dress shopping is for girls, baby.”

“As your date, I think I have rights to go shopping with you. Besides, I don’t see anyone else here, do you?”

I rolled my eyes and got off the bed. “Fine.”

“Yay!” He ran around the bed and swept me off my feet, carrying me to the dining table. He then set me down on one of the chairs and ran to the pantry. He grabbed some bowls and the cereal box and placed it front of us.

“So you carry me sweetly to the dining room then grab cereal for breakfast? Not so smooth, Horan.” He chuckled and shrugged. “Kidding, I still love you.”

We both ate and got ready for the day. I still can’t believe I’m going dress shopping with Niall. The thought made me giggle. “Something funny, love?” he asked. I jumped, not realising he was behind me.

“Nah, it’s nothing. Shall we go?” I gathered my bag and slipped on my shoes.

“Yep,” he replied, popping the ‘p’.

He led me out the door and to his car then he drove to a dress boutique near the shopping centre. “They have good dresses in here,” he said, matter-of-factly.

I raised my eyebrows. “You’ve been here before?”

He laughed, “Yea, when I was looking for your dress. Remember our first anniversary? The dress you wore then? Well I looked in here but all they had were long, formal gowns but they’re pretty.”

I shook my head disbelievingly at him and followed him through the door. I gasped. He was right, all the dresses in here were beautiful! All shapes and sizes, different cuts and hundreds of shades of colours filled the store. The store itself is beautiful. The walls were white and the furniture was fit for a queen, the dressing rooms had gold curtains hanging from them vases of flowers dotted the place. I felt slightly uneasy, as if the store itself was pressuring me.

“Hello, how can I help? Mr. Horan, right?” a young woman, slightly older than Niall and I approached us, a genuine smile on her face. I relaxed a little and smiled back.

He nodded. “We’re looking for a dress for her,” Niall gestured towards me. “It’s for a special event. We haven’t really got much clue on what we want but maybe you can show is a few?” His smoothness surprised me and I just hung back and let him do the talking. The sales lady was glad enough to help, she took us through the racks of dresses and pointed out her favourite ones and ones she thinks would suit me.

Niall and I followed along and if anyone of us took interest on a dress, we picked it out and hung it on an empty rack near the dressing rooms for me to try on later. After an hour or two of wandering around there was probably about fifty dresses lined up for me to wear.

“Ok, I’m not going to try all of them so how about I pick out my ten favourite ones and try those on?” I suggested, turning to Niall and Juliet, the sales lady.

They both nodded and I made my way to the racks and started sorting it out. Another half hour later and my top ten was picked out. One by one, I tried them on, walking, twirling and criticising each one in front of Niall. Since it was the BRITS, my dress, according to Niall, needed to be extravagant.

Unfortunately, after all of that effort, nothing fitted the description. None of them felt right. We quickly apologised to Juliet and exited the shop. “Why did you only just tell me now? Finding a dress for something that special is going to be so hard to find.”

He smiled at me. “Don’t worry, we’ll figure something out.” We both got into the car and drove away. “I have an idea,” he grinned slyly at me.

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. “What is it?”

He chuckled and pulled out his phone, pressing a contact and speaking quietly. I tried to understand what he was saying but with no luck, seems like the person on the other side understood his broken sentences however since he hung up shortly after and grinned at me again. “Who was that?”

“A friend. I asked for a little favour. Don’t worry, love, we’ll have a dress ready for you,” he reassured me, patting my hand before putting it back on the steering wheel.

He drove us both home and when we got there, he made another phone call. “Dresses are coming for you, love,” he said.

I scrunched up my eyebrows. “So, that’s the favour you called for. But exactly who is bringing them and where are they from?”

He chuckled. “I have contacts who designs clothes for celebrities, the one I called just so happen to have a few dresses already made so I asked for them to be brought here.”

I gaped at him. “Honestly, Niall! I bet they won’t even fit me!”

He hugged me. “They will, just watch and see.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter done :D What do you guys think of it? I'm sorry these past ones are a bit dull and boring.. They're kind of just fillers really.. Anyway, hope you still like it and enjoy the next few :D x