Chapter 17

I woke up the next morning feeling incredible. Was it all just a dream? I didn't have to wonder for long since I felt Niall's hot breath on my neck. No, it was all real. I smiled to myself. Niall's arms are still around me and I could still feel him breathing behind me. I had that sweet, sweet feeling of waking up next to the person you love and it was blissful.

I turned in his grip to face him and I was met by his ocean blue eyes staring back at me. He had a huge grin on his face and he pecked my lips. "Good morning beautiful," he said, ever so gently.

I smiled too. "Morning handsome. I didn't wake you up, did I?"

"No. I was already up," he replied.

"Well come on, let's get us some breakfast," I said, turning again so I could get up. But before I could move any further, he tightened his grip around me even more and pulled me back closer to him. He then muzzled his head on my neck and stayed there.

"Can't we stay like this for a little longer?" he asked, his breath tickling the back of my neck.

"But we've got to get you up, Niall. Your flight is in 7 hours and you've gotta finish packing," I said, my voice slightly dropping.

He rubbed circles on my arm. "Don't be sad, Luc. I'm still here. Let's save that for later, but I guess you're right. I gotta get up," he sighed.

We both got up from the bed and I shuffled my way to the bathroom to fix myself up. When I got out, Niall got in himself and changed his clothes. When we were both decent, we went downstairs and saw that my parents were still home. Very odd considering it was 9 already.

"Morning dears," mum greeted.

"Morning," we both mumbled.

We sat down and ate breakfast and as soon as we finished, my parents stood up to say good bye. Right, how nice of them, I thought.

"Have a safe flight, Niall. Tell the other boys that too," my dad said, patting his shoulder and shaking his hand.

"Yes dear, good luck out there, we hope to see you soon," my mum added and hugged him.

"Thank you," Niall said. "For everything."

Then my parents pecked my cheeks. "Have a good day, sweet heart," they said, then they were out the door.

I smiled as they left, it's times like these when I really wonder what I've done to deserve such amazing people. My parents had no objections when they met the rest of the band, in fact, they treated them as their own, like we were one big family. It was a nice sight.

After we cleared up, Niall grabbed my hand. "Let's go. I've gotta pack," he said, the corner of his mouth tugging down.

"Okay," I said weakly, leading the way out. We drove to their hotel and went straight to their room.

It was chaos. Clothes were strewn everywhere and boys were running around looking for things they've lost. I suppressed the urge to laugh at them.

"Oh thank god, you're here Luc," Liam said. "Would you mind helping us out?"

I giggled and nodded. I let Niall's hand go and he went and got his own suitcase out. From there, I ordered the boys to go in separate corners of the room. It was easier that way. Then I went and got the stray items off the floor and started distributing them to each boy.

It had barely taken two hours to finish the job. By that time, the boys were all organised, suitcases packed, valuables stowed away and we were all lounged around.

"I'm ordering room service for lunch, what does everyone want?" Zayn asked, standing up and going to the phone. After a brief glance at the menu, everyone had ordered what they want and we all went back to watching a mindless sitcom on TV.

No one talked much while we ate but time couldn't slow down and soon enough, the boys had to head to the airport. I forced myself to keep straight face and followed them out. Once their luggage was loaded, they all piled into the people carrier for the last time but Niall insisted on riding with me. I texted Alexis to let her know the boys were leaving and she said she'd meet us at the airport.

When we got there, I let the boys go through security and I went straight to the departure gates and waited for them. Alexis got there as well and we both just sat in silence, waiting for the boys.

Just as the boys got through, their flight number was called and I stiffened in my seat. This was it, I thought. Niall ran up to me and hugged me tightly. I saw Harry do the same to Lexi.

"Listen, Luc. We'll keep in contact no matter what, ok? Whether it be through text, call, twitter, skype, I don't care. I promise I'll try to get in touch everyday," he said, holding my face in his hands. I just nodded, the tears streaming down my face. "Luc, be careful out here ok? If you need me, I'm only a phone call away. I don't care what time it is, if you want to talk to me, I'm there, got me?"

I nodded and buried myself in his chest. "I'm going to miss you, Niall. Thank you so much for coming back to me," I whispered.

He pressed his lips on my forehead. "I'm going to miss you too, Lucy. But I'll come back, as soon as I can."

I nodded again. He had to let me go because the other boys wanted to say goodbye too.

"Be safe, Luc. We're all here for you," Liam said.

"We'll miss you, Lucy. Thanks for everything, babe," Zayn hugged me tight.

"Oh Luc, remember, "I'll be there in two, there in two," Louis quoted. I had to giggle.

"Thank you so much Lucy. For everything. Especially for Alexis," Harry said.

"I'm glad you two met, Haz. Just don't break her heart," I reprimanded him.

He chuckled and shook his head. "I promise."

Then I was back in Niall's arms. The woman calling their flight number was getting persistent. "I love you, Lucy."

His words took my by surprise but I managed to say, "I love you too, Nialler," before he pressed his lips to mine.

As soon as it was there, it was gone again. Niall hugged me tightly one last time then he had to let me go. As he walked away, I felt my heart being torn in two, and I knew that the other half now belonged to him. As he walked away, he took a part of me with him.

I knew he'd take good care of it but it would still be a missing piece, no matter what. When I saw him board the plane, I felt utterly empty and I just sat down on the chair and cried. i never knew this would be so hard, so painful. But it was.

I was going to have to live through it because I had no choice.