Chapter 23

Warning: This chapter contains swearing. I apologise to those who don't like it and I don't mean to offend anyone by using it. 

Anyways, enjoy! xx 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The celebrations went on to the boys' apartment till early this morning and I found myself with a pounding headache and a sore body when I woke up. I haven't slept properly since before my flight and partying all day probably wasn't the best idea, I was just thankful the boys didn't go hard out.

Still, I was determined to fill the next two weeks with purpose. With that thought in mind, I got up and off my hotel bed and stumbled my way through to the bathroom. I washed my face up and tied my hair back before heading out again to our lounge room where Alexis was already sat.

"Feel like heading out today, Lex?" I asked, plopping down beside her.

She looked at me and grinned. "I thought you'd never ask. Last one to get ready is paying for breakfast!" she shouted then ran to her own bathroom.

I laughed loudly, and to think that we were the same age. I got up off the couch too and went to take a quick, but nonetheless refreshing, shower. Not wanting a repeat of yesterday's chilly encounter, I put on warmer clothes and checked that I was covered. I gathered all my usual things and went back out to the lounge and chuckled when I saw that Alexis wasn't out yet.

When she finally finished, she pouted and said, "That backfired, didn't it?" I laughed and hauled myself off the couch.

We got out of the hotel and walked around the area for a few minutes, just familiarising ourselves when an incredible scent both caught us. We looked around for the source and found a little cafe just a few meters away that was producing the smell. With hardly a glance at each other, we walked to the cafe and found a table.

Eager to eat, the pair of us just ordered the first thing that came to mind and sat back, waiting. "So, what've you got in mind?" Lexi asked, her face bright.

"Let's be as much of a tourist as we can be today, so London Eye and the Tower Bridge are musts to see and then we’ll just see where else we can go after that," I said.

She laughed at me, "We're such nerds. Do you even know where those places are?"

"No, but the cab drivers will." She and I chuckled. Just then, our food arrived and from the first bite, I fell in love. Lexi and I ate in silence, savouring every bite of the delicious food. When we finished, she quickly paid, thanked the lady running the cafe and we were on our way.

We flagged down a taxi and I told him that we were off to the London Eye. With a quick nod, he was speeding through the London streets. Minutes later, we arrived at the London Eye and were awestruck at the size of it. We quickly rushed to get a ticket for the ride and soon, we were moving, higher and higher up, the view expanding as we went. It was a real sight, from the top, we could see the crowded streets and other iconic places. There was only one word that could describe the experience. Breathtaking.

Riding the Eye also helped because it gave us a better idea of where to go so after the ride, we caught another cab and headed off to the direction of the Tower Bridge. The driver was friendly and as we drove through the streets, he spoke about the different landmarks and shared to us a bit of London’s history. Since there really wasn’t much to do besides take quick snapshots of the bridge, we asked the driver to take us somewhere else. He ended up taking us to a shopping centre nearby and bid us farewell.

“That was definitely one of the most interesting taxi rides I’ve ever ridden,” Lexi laughed as we walked through the complex.

“Agreed. We should have just hired him for the rest of our stay,” I joked.

“Oh Luc, you and your million dollar mind.” She rolled her eyes at me.

“Whatever, let’s go grab a bite. Can you believe it? It’s lunchtime already!” I said, pulling her towards some restaurants.

“Woohoo, I’m starved,” she said, doing a little fake cheer.

During lunch, we talked about what else we could do and concluded that we were going to do a bit of shopping before we go back to the hotel.

“We should go to a few museums while we’re here, they seem to have good collections,” Lexi suggested.

“Oh yea, genius, Lex!” I grinned at her.

Together, we walked around, shopping for clothes and shoes. Lexi got over excited when she saw TopShop and pulled me at top speed towards the shop. When we got inside, we walked towards different racks and I went straight to their winter collection. I glanced back to see Alexis browsing through dresses.

A cute maroon knit jumper caught my eye and I instantly walked towards it. Just as I was about to reach out for it, a hand flashed in front of me and took the jumper. I tried not to look annoyed and searched for another one but it seemed like it was the only one left.

“Pity, it’s the last one,” a high pitched voice said. I looked to see a slim, blond teenage girl sneering, looking at me up and down. I merely shrugged and turned away, not wanting to cause trouble. “You’re Niall Horan’s girlfriend, aren’t you?”

I turned back around to face her. “Yeah.”

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Stay away from Niall, you ugly bitch. He’s an international superstar, if you didn’t know. He deserves so much more than a worthless piece of fat bitch, like you,” her voice was dripping in poison.

My jaw dropped and my eyes stung with tears. I don’t even know this girl and yet she just treated me like dirt.

“Oh how pathetic,” she continued. “Boohoo, someone finally burst your bubble, babe? It’s all true. You’re just a nobody that Niall pretends to love because he pities you.” Then when I thought she was done, she took a step towards me and a loud cracking sound echoed as she slapped me hard in the face. Without a second glance at me, she dropped the jumper at my feet and walked out the doors of the store.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! So, what do you think of it so far? Good? Bad? Somewhere in the middle? Please leave a comment or a vote, so I know how I'm going and if people like it :) Thank you so much and watch out for updates ! x