Chapter 20

It was now only two days before we fly out to London. Alexis and I have a three week break before we get back to university and our tickets say we return here in two weeks.

Today, Alexis and I are going out shopping for Niall's present and I could barely contain my excitement. As Alexis got to my house, I took no time in gathering my own things before heading off to the mall. As excited as I am, I still had no clue what to get him. Lexi and I talked animatedly about gift ideas on our way there and it seemed like she knows what to get him.

After looking around for a while, Alexis finally found what she was looking for. She led me inside a perfume boutique and looked around. "Luc, what's his favourite scent?" she asked.

I thought about it, "I saw a bottle of Armani Mania in his room. So I guess it's a safe bet."

She nodded and walked up to the counter and talked with the sales lady. After a few minutes of rummaging around, the lady found the bottle and gave it her to look at. She showed it to me, "Does it look like this?"

I looked at it, "Yea, I think so."

She turned back to the lady, "I'll take it."

The lady smiled, "Lucky girls. It's the last bottle."

Lexi and I laughed, awed at our luck. After that, we walked around again and I still couldn't think of what to get him. Frustrated, I went inside a jewellery shop. Lex and I looked around, I was beginning to become desperate.

Just as I was about to walk out, something caught my eye. I rushed to the display and let out a huge breath. "Lex," I said, waving her over. "I've found it."

She stood beside me and I pointed at the object. She squealed, "That's perfect. I'm sure he'll love it."

I giggled, "I hope so."

A sales assistant walked over and asked if we wanted anything. Immediately, I pointed at the object and he nodded. "It's beautiful, isn't it. You just can't play with it," he chuckled.

I laughed with him, still marvelling it. The object was a white gold guitar pick. It was plain, but not for long. "Can I get it cut out?" I requested.

The young man nodded, "Sure, what would you like?"

"Can you please  cut out an infinity symbol in the middle? Medium band, medium size," I specified.

He nodded and drew a quick sketch of it. When I was satisfied, I nodded and he took it away. I looked at Alexis who grinned widely at me, "You're a genius, Luc."

I laughed. While we waited for the pick, the pair of us grabbed a cup of coffee to relax. When we got back, it was all done and ready. The man placed it inside a black velvet box and handed it over to me. I quickly paid and we walked out again.

I was pleased to find a gift I liked, I just hope he'd like it too.

On our way back, Lexi caught my attention. "Hey Luc, want to tell the boys about our surprise?"

I thought about it and nodded. "Now would probably be a good time."

When we got home, I grabbed my phone and dialled Liam's number.

"Hello?" his deep voice rang through.

"Hey Liam, it's Lucy and Lexi. Listen, if you're anywhere near Niall, move to somewhere he can't hear you talking. We've got something to tell you," I said.

I heard some shuffling around and a door closing before his voice spoke out again. "Alright girls. What's going on? Is everything ok?"

Lexi and I laughed. "Everything's fine, Li. In fact it's excellent. I'll cut to the chase, ok?"

"Ok."

"Liam, Lexi and I are flying out there in two days. We're planning to surprise Niall for his birthday," I explained.

"Oh that's great!" he said.

"Yea, is it gonna be a problem? Will you be there when we get there?" Lexi asked, her voice slightly worried.

"No not at all. We'll be here. Do you want us to pick you up at the airport?"

"Excellent. Uh, sure, then we can all surprise Niall. Tell the other boys, just make sure it doesn't get to Niall," I said.

He chuckled, "Will do. By the way, perfect timing, you arrive on the morning of Niall's birthday."

I laughed, "Courtesy of my parents. Anyway, I'll see you very soon. I'll text you our flight details. Keep it hidden, Payne!"

He laughed again, "Will do ma'am. See you soon, have a safe flight over."

I ended the call. Lexi and I squealed and high fived. Everything was going to be perfect.