Chapter 38

I walked glumly to my bathroom to at least, freshen myself up. Then I went to my kitchen and grabbed the quickest breakfast I could find before landing on the couch again.

It's 10 in the bloody morning and Niall just walked out on me because I don't want to move in with him in 5 days! This is ridiculous! I wiped away more tears and took a grudging bite out of the cereal bar. How can he be so misunderstanding? And how dare he talk about my parents like that?

A knock rang through the house and I got up to get it. Alexis's cheerful face greeted me with Harry right behind her. Both their faces fell when they saw me.

"Lucy, what happened?" Alexis said, frantic.

I stepped away from the door to let them in. They both followed me to the lounge room and got settled in there.

"Where's Niall?" Harry asked innocently.

I glared at him and wiped away my tears. "I don't know. Seems to me like he never wants to see me again," I seethed.

Their jaws dropped. "Alright Luc, what happened?" Alexis repeated.

I sighed and told them both about the fight. When I finished, Harry looked confused and Alexis was just furious. "That's way out of the line," Alexis said.

I nodded. "I'll leave you girls alone. I'll go talk to Niall," Harry excused himself before kissing Lexi's cheek and walking back out again.

Alexis walked up to me and sat beside me on the couch. "It'll be ok, Luc. Niall will realise what he did and he'll apologise. But don't regret your choice because you did the right thing, he just needs to understand."

I smiled at her. "Thanks, Lex. I regret not spending enough time with you, I feel like I'm neglecting our friendship. I'm sorry."

She laughed softly. "I get it, Luc. We both have relationships, it's ok. Besides, here's the opportunity right here, we can spend the rest of the day watching movies or something."

I chuckled, "Oh Lex, you know me too well." She winked at me before going to the DVD shelf and picking out a movie.

"Letters to Juliet, it is," she said.

So we settled on the couch and gossiped like old times while watching the film. It was a load of fun, actually. I love the movie and I haven't hung out with Alexis for a long time but with every passing minute, I wondered if Niall would actually come back to me.

Several hours had passed and Alexis and I have pretty much ran out of things to talk about so we just continued to watch the sixth movie we'd put on. I was getting sick of waiting for Niall to come back, maybe he wasn't coming back after all. I huffed and relaxed back into my couch.

A knock on the door sent both me and Alexis jumping from our seats. We both laughed and I went to answer the door. Niall and Harry's face greeted me and instantly, my smile dropped. I shut the door in their faces but a hand stopped it from closing.

"Please, Lucy. I came to apologise. I'm sorry I was being so forceful," Niall's voice pleaded out.

I heard Alexis come from behind me and she put a hand on my shoulder. I sighed and let both boys inside.

"Luc, Harry and I better go. I'll call you later, ok?" Alexis said.

I looked at her pleadingly but she bowed her head and walked out the door with Harry hot on her heels.

"Lucy, please forgive me."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Niall what you said really hurt."

He bowed his head. "I know and I really am sorry. I shouldn't have said that, I was being stupid."

I sighed again, "Look Niall, I can't stand to lose you. It's enough that my parents are gone. I want to move in with you Niall, just give me time."

He looked up. "I will. I'll be waiting for you when you're ready, I promise." Then he cracked a smile. "Am I forgiven?"

I smiled at him too, "Of course."

He threw his head back and laughed loudly. Then he ran up to me, picked me up and spun me around. "I love you  Lucy. Always know that. I promise it won't happen again."

I kissed him. "Better not, Niall."

He carried me back to the couch and set me down then he reached for the remote and played the movie Alexis and I were watching previously. He sat behind me and pulled me close to his chest and I lay my head down on his shoulder.

"I love you, baby," he said.

I smiled to myself. "I love you too."

I settled in his arms and he tightened his grip around me. I felt his chest rise and fall steadily underneath me and the steady rhythm sent me to a comfortable sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Just wanna say a massive thank you to everyone who's still reading this story. I seriously love you guys. Just wanna make a quick apology for the declining quality of this story.. Currently keep on getting writer's block, so they get really dodgy :/ Anyway, massive massive thank you to those people who are constantly commenting on every chapter, I love reading them and just coz I don't reply to every single one doesn't mean I don't read them, coz I do. And I laugh coz you guys are hilarious. So keep them up and keep voting! Thank youu! xx