Chapter 12

"Lex, do you think he really meant what he said?" I asked my best friend.

She sighed and came over to the couch, hugging me. "I am a hundred percent sure of it."

It's been two days since our trip to the theme park and Niall hasn't texted, called or met up with me once.  Even the other boys texted me, but not Niall.

I was beginning to think that he didn't really mean what he said and it put a crack on my heart. I was really happy to know that he felt the same way but now, I'm not sure.

"Luc, stop worrying. I'm sure there's a good reason for him not being in contact with you." She said, soothingly.

Then her phone rang and her eyes gazed over the message. Her body suddenly tensed up and then she smiled.

"What is it?" I asked, confused.

"Oh nothing, just Harry being funny and all," she replied still grinning.

"So, you and Haz, huh?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow.

She giggled, "He admitted he has feelings for me, Luc."

I gasped. "And you didn't bother to tell me?!"

"Calm down, I was just getting to that part. It only happened yesterday," she said laughing.

I rolled my eyes. Looks like another couple's on the way. Then I remembered Niall and I weren't even a couple and I slumped back down. Lexi's phone rang again and she read the message.

Then she stood up and pulled me up with her. "Get dressed, we're going out," she ordered.

"Huh? Where are we going?"

"Just get dressed. Come on, I'll pick out an outfit for you."

I was confused but followed her to my room anyway. She was already looking through my clothes, muttering something to her self.

I sat on my bed and waited for her to decide. "Lex, what are we doing?"

She shrugged. "I dunno but I'm not gonna let you mope around just because lover boy hasn't texted you back."

I rolled my eyes, there was something in her voice that tells me she wasn't being entirely truthful. She then proceeded to throw me a simple red dress with half length sleeves, my beige trench coat and a small red bag. Then she picked out my suede, open lace up shoes and pushed me towards the bathroom.

"Are we going somewhere special, Lex?" I frowned at her.

"No questions, just go," she shooed me away.

I huffed but went and got changed anyway. When I got out, Lex attacked my hair, combing it out and letting it form its natural waves. Then she put the usual minimal amount of make up before tugging me out the door.

Without hesitation, she got in the passenger seat of my Mini and told me to drive to the city. I still didn't get what we were doing or where we were going but I was too stubborn to even care. I didn't realise where she was telling me to go until I saw the Wheel of Brisbane looming ahead.

I parked the car and got out, looking at her quizzically. She just beamed at me and linked her arm through mine, tugging me to the grassy area. I looked at my watch, it was 7 pm and it was dark, but there were light posts every few meters lighting up the place.

Alexis dragged me to the line of the wheel and stood silently, rocking back and forth on her heels like she was waiting for something. "Alexis, what are we doing here?" I asked, exasperated.

"Shh, just trust me," she said. The line moved up and it was cut off just as we were at the front. As if that as her cue, she turned to me and said, "Lucy, wait here for me, ok? I need to get something." Then without waiting for a reply, she turned and walked away.

I considered running after her, she should know better than to leave me by myself after dark. I get easily terrified. I looked around me to see if there were other people around. To my displeasure, I saw no one close enough to help if ever I need it. There wasn't even anyone in line behind me!

I looked back in front of me and tried to take my mind off the fact that I was alone. I watched as the wheel slowly turned, the colours that lit it up changing every few seconds.

But not even the pretty colours could distract me. I started freaking out again. Thinking of all the dangers that could possibly spring up. Where is that girl? I wondered, angrily.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder.