Chapter 37

"Hey babe," Niall muttered in my ear.

"Hmm?" I mumbled back. I opened my eyes and squinted against the blinding light that was streaming into my room.

Niall had stayed the night after my graduation party and I had just woken up, still in his arms. I snuggled closer to him and heard his light chuckle.

"Good morning beautiful," he whispered again.

I smiled, "You can't even see me, Niall."

"Well, it's not like you changed overnight. You're still beautiful," he reasoned.

I turned around to face him. "Cheesy, jerk," I laughed.

He scrunched up his face and kissed me on the lips. "You love me anyway."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course."

He laughed and attacked me with endless tickles. I screamed and started laughing uncontrollably, kicking and thrashing about. "Stop!" I gasped.

"I didn't hear the magic word, Luc!" he teased.

"Please," I laughed again. "Stop!" Tears were forming in my eyes from laughing too much.

"That's not what I wanna here. Tell me you love me and I'm the best boyfriend in the world," he exclaimed.

"No!" He tickled me even more. I couldn't breathe, I was laughing so hard. "Ok! I love you, Niall," I gasped out. "And you are the best boyfriend in the world."

He stopped and I took a huge gulp of air, wiping away my tears. "I love you too, Lucy."

I looked at him and glared, he laughed in return. "You are way too happy for your own good, baby," I laughed softly.

He lay back down, so I did too and he pulled me close to his side and pressed his lips to my temple. "Lucy, we've been together for more than a year now. You've graduated and gotten your diploma, I think it's time for me to keep my promise," he said seriously.

I looked at him and frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Baby, I want you to move in with me. To London. We can finally be together without having to say goodbye every time I have to go back to work."

I sat up and rested on my elbows. "You what?"

"Move in with me, Luc! I can get us a house and everything," he said, looking nervous.

I sighed, "Niall the idea sounds great but we're 20 and don't know anything! Besides, I still have a life here, baby."

"That's not the point Lucy," he said, his voice becoming stern. "I just don't want to be without you for so many months."

"Niall, I can't just move with you half way across the world because you want me to! I mean, I miss you too, Niall. I do, like crazy but not yet. Give me a few more months," I said, exasperated.

"What else have you got going here, Lucy? You can get a good job in London, meet new friends," he explained, sitting up too.

"Niall, you're freaking me out! It sounds more like you're asking me to marry you or start a family. Look, Niall, I'm just not ready. I need a few more months to get a grip on myself then I promise to move in with you." I sighed and looked him in the eye.

"I'm leaving again in a few days, Luc. Can't you just leave with me now?" I could tell he was getting irritated but I wasn't giving in.

"No. Niall, I am standing by what I said. Leave it. Now, shall we have breakfast?" I asked, breathing deeply and getting off the bed.

"Are you saying no because you don't want to move in with me, Lucy?"

I whipped my head around to face him again. "Excuse me?"

"I said, are you saying you don't want to move in with me because you don't want to?" he repeated, his face growing red.

"No! Niall what the hell? I'm saying no because I can't just leave my life behind this fast," I said.

"Why? What else have you got here? Your parents are gone, Lucy. You don't have a job that you have to keep either," he retorted.

My jaw dropped and my eyes stung with tears. "How the hell can you say that to me? You think just because my parents are dead that I can do whatever I want? That's exactly why I don't want to leave Niall! Because you don't understand and I'm not ready to say goodbye to all of this, this fast!"

I turned around to face away from him and wiped away my tears. "I still miss my parents, Niall and this house is my only way of staying connected with them. I'm not ready to let go."

"Fine! Don't move in with me," he said loudly. Then he walked straight past me and out of my front door.

I fell on a chair and put my head in my hands. How can this have happened?