Chapter 21

After a wild night of packing and a weirdly cheerful goodbye at the airport, Lexi and I were finally on the plane to London. We've got hours and hours to kill, luckily the plane had in built screens on the back of the seats so Lexi and I just flicked through movie after movie until we fell asleep.

With just an hour to go before we land, both of us could barely stay still in our seats. According to my watch, it was already 8 am in London, which means that it was already Niall's birthday.

Soon enough, a flight stewardess was announcing that we were landing in London shortly then proceeded to tell us to buckle our seat belts and put our trays and seats upright. After one last squeal of delight, I settled back in my seat, closed my eyes and let out a huge sigh. I felt the plane descending and my stomach knotted in nervousness. However it wasn't long before the plane's wheels touched the ground safely and I squeezed Lexi's hand in joy.

After getting through security in the the airport, Lexi and I collected our luggages and walked towards the lounge where, I was hoping, the boys were waiting for us. We barely took one step into the waiting area when heavy bodies where thrown against us, crushing us both into hugs and cheers. I laughed at the boys' excitement and I was slobbered in wet kisses on the cheeks.

"Hello boys," I greeted them.

"Lucy! Lexi! We've missed you both so much! I still can't believe you're here!" Louis greeted and took my suitcase off me.

"Well, neither can we, Lou. Neither can we," Lexi said, already holding Harry's hand. Then Harry leaned in and kissed her on the lips. It was a very cute sight.

"How are you all doing? And how are you guys not getting mobbed?" I asked.

"We've got security on the look out for us and we're going out back," Liam said, matter-of-factly.

I laughed, of course Liam's organised. "So how was the flight?" Zayn asked.

"Boring," Lexi and I simultaneously said. Then we burst out laughing before we were met with a cold wind.

I hadn't realised we'd stepped out, but now that we have, I wish I'd worn more layers. It was cold! I guess Louis noticed because he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me tightly to him before jogging me to a waiting van. The rest of them followed suit and soon we were off to their complex.

"How'd you guys slip past Niall?" I asked, curious.

They chuckled. "That boy could sleep through an earthquake and when we left the house, it was still too early for him to wake up. Although one of us will probably get a message soon," Zayn said.

I laughed, "Poor Nialler, all alone when he wakes up on his birthday." They burst out laughing. As if on cue, Liam's phone rang. He read the message and laughed.

"Liam, where are you lads? Why did no one wake me up? Angry face," Liam read out the text and we all burst out laughing.

"Oi, Liam, tell him we went to pick up his birthday present," Zayn piped up, winking at me.

I blushed but laughed along. Within minutes, we were in the complex and it was enormous. It was like one huge mansion, and it all belonged to the boys. Courtesy of management, wow.

We all piled out of the van and we left our luggage inside since we'd decided to drop it off in our hotel later. The boys were careful to surround us so if Niall comes out, he wouldn't be able to see us. As a group, we walked towards the door and my heart started beating wildly.

Louis was the first to open the door and when he did, he shouted out, "Happy birthday Niall!"

And out comes Niall, slightly frowning. "Thanks lads but why didn't you at least tell me you were leaving?"

The boys laughed and spoke no further. Then they parted in the middle, revealing Lexi and me. His face was priceless! His frown turned into disbelief, his jaw dropping and his eyes widening.

"Happy Birthday, babe," I said, walking towards him. He blinked a few more times then he closed the gap between us and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Aw" they all said. Then he crashed his lips to mine and I felt the longing and urgency of his kiss.

"You're the best birthday present I've ever been given," he said when we broke apart.

I giggled, "I feel honoured." And I kissed his nose.

"Oi lovebirds, let's get this party started, yea?" Louis said loudly. Niall looked past me to glare at him and they laughed.