Chapter 40

The next few days in Paris were incredible. The boys had really shown me around the place, not only to the tourist attractions but also to Paris’s little secrets as well. I’ve fallen more and more in love with the city and vowed to come back here again and maybe even have a broader tour of France. Then maybe I’ll go to other countries as well, Italy is definitely one of my must-see places so I’ll probably go there soon.

Today however, is our last full day in Paris then we go back to London tomorrow morning so Niall had hauled me out of bed and told me to get dressed because he’s taking me out somewhere. It was quite hot outside so I just decided to wear a pair of faded denim shorts, a black tank top and a white sheer blouse over it. Then I put a simple pair of sandals on my feet and filled a small cross-body bag with my usual items.

“You ready babe?” Niall asked, stepping into the room.

I turned around and grinned, “Perfect timing.”

He chuckled and took my hand. “You look gorgeous as always,” he commented, leading me to the elevators.

I rolled my eyes playfully. “And you’re as cheesy as ever,” I mocked. I looked at his outfit and noticed that he was wearing a simple Abercrombie and Fitch shirt, khaki shorts and his usual white Supras, simple or not, he looks stunning.

“Like what you see, baby?” he asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

“Of course, I was just thinking about how hot you look.” He and I cracked up loudly as we walked outside to the bright and sunny mid-morning streets. We both then proceeded to lower our sunglasses over our eyes just for the sake of avoiding burning our eyes before we continued to walk along.

“It’s hot, let’s get some ice cream,” Niall whined.

I laughed. “You’re such a kid, Niall.”

“I am a kid. Deal with it, love,” he chuckled before wrapping an arm around my waist. He led me to a small ice cream parlour not too far away and stepped inside the cool confines of the shop. Instantly, the smell of the flavours overwhelmed me and, like a kid would, I rushed up to the displays to see what they had to offer.

In the end, I got a double scoop of peppermint and cookie dough ice cream while Niall got cookie dough and chocolate. We got out of the shop and satisfactorily walked on, licking our ice creams and enjoying the cool, refreshing tastes trickling down our throats. Eventually, Niall and I had reached the Luxembourg Gardens and we found a quiet spot to sit down on.

“Thanks for the ice cream, baby,” I said, grinning at him.

He smiled back, “No problem, love. By the way, you look cute with cookie dough ice cream on your nose.” Then he winked at me.

I gaped at him and felt my nose. Indeed, there was a speck of ice cream on it and I wiped it off, embarrassed. “Thanks for the heads up.” I blushed.

He laughed, “You’re still beautiful.”

“And I love you,” I replied. He drew up his chest and grinned, looking proud of himself. The image made me laugh out loud and he poked his tongue out at me.

“I love you too, Lucy.” I looked down, feeling a blush creeping back up my cheeks. Then, when I thought he’s being really sincere, he pressed his remaining ice cream on my nose.

I gasped, surprised at the sudden coolness. “You did not just do that.”

He was clutching his sides from laughing so hard. “Now you look simply adorable, love,” he said in between his laughs.

I rolled my eyes impatiently. “Oh, think your funny, do you?” I challenged before squashing my own cone to his nose.

That instantly made him stop laughing and gasped at me. “You look adorable too, baby,” I said, mocking him. Then we both fell on the grass, laughing hard, the remains of our ice creams dripping off our faces.

When we’d both gained some composure, Niall kissed my nose and licked his lips. “Yum.”

I scrunched my face up in disgust. “Ew, Niall.” He chuckled and reached for tissues in his pocket and handed a few to me. We cleaned ourselves off then picked up our cones and threw them in a bin before sitting back down on the grass.

We talked for a while and just lay down on our backs, watching as the occasional cloud drifted past in the sky. He’d even started identifying their shapes, it was cute and I couldn’t help but laugh and snuggle myself closer to him. A few hours later and we finally decided to get off our butts and walk back to our hotel.

The sun was just about to set and the sky was an amazing mix of pinks, oranges, reds and blues. It lit up the grounds perfectly and it was just beautiful. As we continued to walk, I spotted a stall that was selling bouquets of flowers and marvelled at the colours of the different arrangements. Niall silently walked me to the stall and bought the exact bouquet that I had my eyes on and handed them to me with a slight bow.

I laughed and accepted the flowers, smelling the scents of it before kissing him on the lips. He stopped walking and wrapped both his arms around my waist while I wrapped mine around his neck. “I love you so much, Lucy,” he whispered to me then pressed his lips on mine again.

I grinned so widely it hurt my cheeks but I just felt so happy. I can’t imagine a better moment or anyone else I’d like to spend this moment with other than Niall. He was perfect and I loved him to bits. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys are unbelievable! I reached 10 000+ reads! Yaaayyyy!! Glad to hear you guys are still liking my story. Many thanks to those who keep a constant stream of comments and votes on each and every chapter, extra love to you guys. Anyway, hope you liked this chapter and let me know what you think of it! xx