Chapter 13

I sucked in a huge breath, getting ready to scream when I heard the person speak.

"It's me Luc." I whipped around to see Niall smiling weakly at me.

Relief flooded over me, "Oh thank god. I was freaking out, Alexis ditched me here." It all rushed out and he chuckled. "Wait, do you know what's going on?" I asked, suspicious.

Then I remembered that he chose to ignore me after he told me he likes me. But I couldn't bring myself to get angry. Instead of answering, his hand found mine and led me to the wheel.

He helped me get up before getting in himself. We sat next to each other, I didn't really know what to say so I just sat there, looking out the glass panels. Soon the wheel started moving and he spoke up.

"You look beautiful, Lucy," he remarked quietly.

I blushed. "Thanks," I muttered, still not looking at him.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you these past two days," he said, regret colouring his voice.

Finally I turned to look at him and saw that the corners of his mouth were turned down. It instantly made me feel guilty. "It's ok," I comforted him. And it was, I was just over reacting.

He smiled again. "Anyway, that's not really the point of all this but I'm still sorry," he repeated again. I looked at him confusedly but before I could speak he continued. "Lucy, will you be my girlfriend?"

My breath got caught in my throat and my heart started beating like crazy. I had to remind myself to breathe for a moment. Speak! I thought to myself.

"Yes," I finally gasped out.

The next thing I knew was that Niall's lips were on mine. I kissed him back, our lips moving perfectly in sync. The emotions that kiss gave me could never be put into words, saying it was perfect would be an understatement. He gently wrapped his arms around my waste and I put mine around his neck. I felt him smile into the kiss then we finally broke apart.

We just looked at each other, smiling. We didn't talk but we understood each other. For the rest of the ride, I snuggled myself into Niall's chest and we looked out to the bright lights of the city.

"You're perfect," Niall breathed into my ear.

I turned to face him. "Thank you," I said, smiling at him. "But it kinda defeats the purpose of the ride, Nialler. You're supposed to be looking at the city."

He laughed. "How could I when I have you to look at?"

I poked my tongue out at him but he just laughed again and pecked my nose.

I giggled. Just then, the ride stopped and the door opened. He got out first before holding his hand out for me to take. When I got out too, he gave me a quick kiss on the lips before winding an arm around my waist and pulling me to him.

 A chorus of loud cheers gained my attention and I looked up to see who it was. Of course, it could be none other than the rest of the boys and Alexis, watching the pair of us walk towards them.

I glared particularly at Alexis. "You knew," I accused her.

 She threw her hands up in defeat. "Guilty," she laughed.

The boys clapped Niall's back and he looked super ecstatic. At that time, I felt so honoured to know that I put that smile on his face and now I can call him my own.

"I think this calls for a celebration," Zayn said.

The boys cheered and Alexis and I just shrugged and followed the boys. Niall seemed to have a different idea though.

"Lads, I'm gonna take Lucy somewhere. You guys just go ahead," he said.

The boys pouted. "But we were going to celebrate the both of you," Louis said, pleading.

"You lot can celebrate something else for now. We can do something together tomorrow," he compromised.

They didn't argue any further but I felt bad for ditching Alexis again. "Hey Lex," I called out. She turned around to face me. "You gonna be ok?"

Her face split to a grin. "Don't worry about me, I've got four idiots to be with. Go have fun." There was a protest from the boys but she just laughed.

I grinned back at her, "Thanks, Lex. I'll make it up to you soon."

She waved me off and turned back to the guys. I looked back at Niall and smiled at him. "So, where are we off to?"

He just smiled and winked before leading me off somewhere. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me close again before pecking my cheeks. "A place," he said, sounding casual.

We haven't gotten too far before he covered my eyes. "Niall, where are you taking me?" I asked nervously.

He chuckled, "Do you trust me?"  I nodded. "Keep walking then. I promise I won't do anything stupid."

We walked a little further before he stopped me. I tried to use my other senses to figure out where we were, but I wasn't skilled enough so I just relaxed.

Niall slowly let go and I gasped to see where we were. It was the same place where we first met, just a mere two and a half weeks ago. It was the pond he told me to wait for him by except it had transformed.

The place was decorated in lights and the effect was magical. I had never seen it like this before. It was literally like a scene taken from a fairytale and pasted right in front of my eyes. The moon was also up and bright which added to its beauty.

"I figured since this was where it all started, it would be an appropriate first date," he explained, grasping my hand.

I looked at him, "This is a date?"

His face slightly crumpled in disappointment. "We could go somewhere else if you want. I just thought you'd like it here."

I smiled at his worried face. "You thought right, Horan. I love it. It's absolutely perfect." Then I kissed him just to prove that I meant it.

His smile grew wider. "I'm glad and you know what else I think?"

"What?"

"You're beautiful," he whispered into my ear. I blushed, thankful that he couldn't see it.

Then he kissed me again, softly and slowly. If my life was good before this, it just became perfect now.