Chapter 39

I've officially moved in with Niall after two months of waiting. As promised, he'd bought us a house in Regent's Park which made me fall even more in love with the property. The house was huge, to say the very least, and it fitted Niall's high status label.

It's now also fully furnished and completely liveable, thanks to the rest of the boys since they helped us pick out the bits and pieces. I laughed softly to myself as I recalled the trip to the furniture stores. It was quite eventful actually, it somehow involved the six of us getting kicked out of a few of those stores because of "inexcusable behaviour". Inexcusable or not, we got the job done eventually.

Not everything's good however, since Alexis decided to stay behind for the moment. I miss her, it's like I've been torn away from my twin. It's so weird not having her around to cheer up the mood or cause some more havoc with the boys. Still, I'm hoping she'll soon follow.

Anyway, today, the boys decided to take me to Paris for a few days. I cannot be more excited, it's been my lifelong dream to go to France and finally, I'm here. We'd all gone straight to the hotel to rid ourselves of our luggage and currently, we were all gathered in mine and Niall's room.

"So, Lucy, what do you want to see first?" Liam asked.

I looked around at all of them and shrugged. "I don't know, you guys are the boss, take me anywhere," I joked.

"Oh baby, be careful with what you say," Niall said, winking at me. The boys laughed and my cheeks burned.

"How about we eat first then go wherever?" Harry suggested.

I nodded and so did the rest of the boys so we headed out to the streets of Paris, France. This place is truly gorgeous; I simply cannot wait until we get to touring around.

The boys had decided on a secluded restaurant a little way away from our hotel. My mouth watered as soon as we walked in, the smell was fantastic, I couldn't wait to actually taste it. So we all got settled into a table without too much fuss and I ordered the first thing on the menu since I can't understand French.

While we were waiting for our food, Harry entertained us by speaking fluent French and trying to teach us a few basic words. It was absolutely hilarious watching, hearing and trying out each word, we were all trying hard but in the end, it just became a joke.

"You guys are helpless!" Harry laughed, shaking his head at our appalling attempts.

"At least we tried," Zayn shrugged.

"Yeah, we can't all be fluent in French," Louis defended.

"Well, I don't know about you guys but I'm fluent in English," I said, cracking up. The boys laughed too and Niall kissed me on the nose.

"PDA, guys," Louis said, scrunching up his face.

I rolled my eyes but leant away from Niall. Just then, the food arrived and no more was said, we all just dug in and savoured the glorious food. I swear I could have stomached a few more kilos of this food but enough was enough. As soon as we finished eating, we all headed back out to the Parisian streets and walked around a bit.

Finally, we all agreed to take a trip to the Eiffel Tower. Since I’ve never been there, it really amazed me to see how tall and dominating yet somehow graceful the tower is. Once we got there, we all paid for tickets to climb it and I was so excited.

And so began our climb up, all of us chattering excitedly. “Hey Luc, they do this thing when you get to the top and one person pushes you off the edge. Wanna try it?” Louis teased.

I rolled my eyes. “No thank you. I don’t want Eleanor biting my head off for killing his boyfriend.”

The boys laughed while Louis glared playfully at me. I stuck my tongue out at him in response. He chuckled and kept on climbing up. Half way up to the top and my foot slipped on a stair and I twisted my ankle painfully. “Ow!” I cried out. Luckily Niall had a firm grip on me and stopped me from falling backwards.

“Are you ok, love?” he asked, his eyes looking at my foot worriedly. The rest of the boys stopped and came back down to help.

I tried to move my ankle and, thankfully, I could move it without too much pain. I nodded at him. “I’m fine, let’s keep going,” I urged.

He shook his head, “You’re not walking up with that ankle. Get on my back and I’ll carry you.”

I looked at him and shook my head wildly. “No! I’m fine and I can walk. Now let’s go.” Then I took a step forward but about four hands blocked my way and Niall tugged me back.

“Get on Niall’s back, Lucy. That’s going to hurt if you keep walking on it,” Liam ordered firmly.

Being the stubborn child that I was, I shook my head again. “I told you, I’m fine.”

Niall sighed and stepped in front of me, then, like I was feather-light, he secured my legs around his hips and proceeded to carry me up. “You’re so stubborn sometimes, babe.”

I groaned, “I’m not a kid, Niall. I can walk. Besides, I’m not exactly light, you’re going to tire out soon.”

He snorted, “I’m offended. Think I have no muscles, baby?”

I laughed, “Well…” The boys laughed along and Niall gasped dramatically. “Kidding! But I’m not light so put me down!”

“You are light so no, I’m not putting you down. Besides, we’re nearly at the top.” He huffed and adjusted me on his back then carried on walking.

After a few more minutes, we’d reached the final platform that we can climb. Niall let me down carefully. “Thanks baby,” I said then kissed his cheek.

He smiled and held my hand then led me forward to the fenced edge and I gasped at the view that unfolded in front of me. It was absolutely breathtaking and beautiful. I could see Paris far and wide from such a great height and the city looked amazing. All the greenery, the buildings, houses, cars and people were all dotted around, looking miniature but everything completed the picture.

I continued to just gaze out in silence while the boys walked around behind me then I felt Niall squeeze my hand so I turned to look at him.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” I smiled at him.

“Yes but you’re still more beautiful than anything else out there. I love you Lucy,” he said softly. He then leant forward and placed my lips gently on mine and the kiss gave me unexplainable feelings of pleasure. It was nothing short of perfect, he was gentle and sweet. I couldn’t think of a more picturesque scene, I’m up in the Eiffel Tower, in the city of love, with the love of my life and here he was, kissing me lovingly. Everything is just perfect.