Chapter 41

It’s been a few months since I’ve moved in and everything was just cruising along well. I’ve been accepted as a junior writer in Shout magazine and I was pleased with it since it was stable, fun and the team I work with is just incredible. However, having this job meant that I couldn’t travel with Niall and currently, he is in Spain, doing gigs and other promotional stuff with the band. It’s been a month since they left and I really miss him but I don’t have to miss him any longer, he’s coming back tomorrow. Yay!

I got in my car and started the engine, ready for another day at work. When I finally got through traffic and got to the office building, I went up to my level and immediately started working.

“Hey Lucy!” Stephanie Walters greeted. I’d met Steph when I started working in Shout, she was newbie like me but she was a photographer and helps with the shoots. She somewhat reminds me of Alexis in a way, they had the same bubbly personality and an optimistic view on pretty much everything.

“Heya, Steph,” I greeted back.

She made her way to my desk and leant on the divider. “So, big day tomorrow, huh?”

I grinned and nodded. “Hell yes, my baby’s coming back,” I giggled.

She rolled her eyes jokingly and laughed along. “Exciting!” She flicked her long, straight black hair over her shoulder then looked back at me. “Hmm, wish I had someone to look forward to,” she sighed.

I giggled. “With a pretty face like yours, you won’t be alone for long.” I winked at her and she laughed. “Anyway, we’ll catch up over lunch, yea? Don’t want the big boss catching us gossip at work.”

She grinned, “Sure sure. Catch ya later!” Then she blew me quick kisses and walked away.

I chuckled as I watched her disappear through a set of corridors. I’m glad I met her, maybe I’ll introduce her to Alexis when she drops by. They’d be good friends. However, I was snapped out of my day dreaming when my boss walks in, I quickly started typing away on my keyboard and decided that I’ll think about the whole deal later on.

A few hours later and lunch finally came around, Steph and I decided to go out and get takeaway and coffee. We chatted for a while then had to trudge back into the building to finish off the day. As soon as my eight hours was up, I jumped up from my chair and walked out of the office as fast as possible without actually running like a maniac. Finally! Friday is officially done and tomorrow, I get to see Nialler again.

I headed home, got myself comfortable and settled on pasta for dinner. I had my laptop open on the table in front of me and I quickly scanned through my Skype contacts and clicked on Alexis’s name. Her face popped up in front of me and I grinned widely at her and madly waved at my screen.

“Lexi!” I squealed.

She laughed, “Hey Luc! What’s going on over there?”

“Well, I just got home from work and now I’m a hobo-looking person, eating my lovely dinner, alone! What about you?”

She laughed again. “Eh, you have just woken me up from my deep slumber. It’s like 4 in the morning over here, Lucy!”

I gaped at her, “Oh crap! I’m sorry! I’d completely forgotten. Well I’ll let you go back to sleep then and I’ll catch up with you later. By the way, the boys are coming home tomorrow, well later today for you.”

“I know! Give Harry the biggest hug for me. I really miss him,” she pouted, frowning slightly.

I sighed, “I will, Lex. You should come and move here, I miss my best friend.”

“I’m thinking about it. We’ll talk about it later, good night my sweet!”

I giggled at her pet name for me. “Night, Lex.” Then we both blew each other virtual kisses and signed off.

I was just about to shut my laptop down when I heard that familiar ringing coming from it. It was Niall. I clicked accepted and waited a few seconds for his face to pop up.

“Hey baby!” he greeted, flashing his pearly whites at me.

“Hi babe, how’s Spain?”

“It’s great! Weather’s lovely, people are lovely, food are lovely and you are beautiful.” He winked then chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. “Still a cheesy jerk,” I joked. His jaw fell. “I’m kidding, jeez! Anyway, you’re coming home tomorrow!”

His face brightened up. “I know! I can’t wait to see you! I’ve missed you heaps, Luc.”

I giggled, “I’ve missed you too. How are the boys? How did work go?”

He shrugged. “Same old, same old, love. We’re all good, work’s been going really well as well. I love the Spanish fans, they’re great! How’s your work been?”

“Eh, it’s been good. Nothing much has changed. Still writing articles about bits and pieces, you know, the works.” He laughed and nodded. “But I can’t wait till you’re back! Living in this darned mansion is no fun when you’re not around. It’s always so cold and lonely.”

“I know, I promise we can just sleep in over the weekend and not care about a thing. Just the two of us, no one else,” he smiled.

“Sounds good to me, baby,” I grinned at him.

He continued to tell me all about what they’ve been doing in Spain and the boys even dropped by and joined Niall in his room. They all cracked up jokes and mucked around, whining about the smallest things and just talking in general. I’d really missed the boys and I just couldn’t wait for them to come back.

Eventually, I felt tired and the boys admitted that they still haven’t packed so after a quick goodbye, we’d logged off and I fell asleep with the hope of a good day tomorrow.