Chapter 19

Whatever it was, it was in an envelope. I took it from my dad, still confused.

"What's this?"

They both chuckled. "Open it after dinner dear," my mum said then passed me the food.

Puzzled, I placed the envelope on my lap and dug in. Afterwards, I cleared up the table then went upstairs, keen to find out what was inside. When I got to my room, I ripped open the flap and gasped at the contents of it.

Inside, were two plane tickets. I took them out and read the details. It was for Alexis and me! Oh my god, they were tickets to London! I read further on and it said that our flight was in five days. That means I get to celebrate Niall's birthday with him!

I squealed loudly and ran back downstairs, clutching the tickets to my chest. Then I hugged both of my parents. They both chuckled in delight to see me so happy.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed. "Thanks so much."

"It's nothing dear. We've both seen you work so hard, we thought it was time to show you how much we love you for it," mum said.

"But I feel guilty because I wouldn't be able to spend time with you," I said, my mood slightly deflated.

"Oh don't worry too much about us, we'll still be here when you get back," dad laughed again.

"Oh thank you so so much, it means the world to me," I kissed them both on the cheeks then turned to go back upstairs. I could hardly wait to tell Alexis.

Just before I got to the stairs, I heard my mum mumble, "We know hun" before chuckling again. I grinned, I had the best parents, I swear. Ticket or no, they understood me and supported me no matter what.

When I got back to my room, I grabbed my phone off my bedside table and fumbled with the keys, in search of Lexi's contact. I pressed the call button and waited for her to pick up. Three rings later, I heard her voice.

"Luc? What's up! You ready for our final exam tomorrow?" she said, her voice bubbly as usual.

I laughed out loud on the phone. "Lex, I'm ready as I'll ever be but that's not what I called you for."

"You're scaring me here, Luc. What's up?"

I laughed again, "You'll never guess what my parents gave me."

"Yeah? What's that?"

"Start packing your bags, Lex! We're flying out to London in five days!" I said into the phone, my voice rising.

I had to hold the thing away from me as Alexis screamed her lungs out. After she calmed down enough, she said, "No way! No way! London? Five days?" She was hyperventilating into the phone.

I laughed loudly. "Yes, Lex! London in five days! You know what that means?"

"What?"

"We'll be there to celebrate Nialler's 20th!"

She laughed too. "Oh my god that's so good! Luc, we have to go shopping for a present for him!"

"Yes! Oh and Lex," I said, calming down. "Don't tell the boys yet. I want it to be a surprise for Niall."

She giggled, "I won't. Anyway, as much as I want to keep screaming, I've got to go study. We can scream at each other again when we finish our exams tomorrow."

I chuckled, "Alright, Lex. I'll see you tomorrow."

Then the line went dead. I sighed in happiness then plopped down on my bed. My cheeks were starting to hurt from smiling so much but I couldn't care less. All I could think about was that I'm going to see Niall in less than a week! It's the best news I've had in a long time. My heart raced with the thought of seeing the boys again.

With something to look forward to, I forced myself to read over my revisions again. I wanted to do well in this test so I could at least give my parents something in return. I still can't believe I'm going to London to meet with my boyfriend and his best friends. My parents must really like him.