Chapter 11

My heart raced. What could he possibly want to tell me?

"Lucy, I," he started but stopped. He swallowed hard and tried again. "Lucy, I know it's only been a week since we've met again and I'd understand if you just ignore me but I really like you." He said all of it in a rush then he blushed deep red.

I could barely process what he'd just said. "You what?" I choked out.

He looked down at his feet, embarrassed. "I said I like you, Luc. As in, as more than my best friend."

I squeezed his hand and he looked up at me. "I really like you too, Nialler."

His face lit up and he laughed, picking me up and spinning me around. I squealed in delight and laughed along with him. I cannot describe the happiness I felt at that moment but I was overwhelmed. Who could have known that my world wide famous best friend could feel the same way as I did?

Once he put me down, he grabbed my hand again and we walked around more, this time he had a bounce with every step and a proud grin on his face.

"I'm hungry," he said, pouting.

I giggled, "Come on then." I tugged at his hand and led him to the eating area.

I watched him demolish a hot dog and a large frozen coke before standing up again. "What, is that all you're eating?" I asked, disbelieving.

"Yes, because I want to go on more rides," he answered. So off we went, this time we went to the Claw.

After that, we just ran around the place, going on ride after ride and not once did he let go of my hand. I was happy and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

After about 10 rides, he led me to the candy shop and bought a large cotton candy. I laughed loudly, remembering that this was our favourite when we were a kid. He tore off a huge chunk before offering it to me. As I took a bite, I heard a gasp. I snapped my attention towards the sound and found a girl, maybe about 15 years old, with her mouth hanging open.

"Niall, you're sharing food!" she exclaimed.

I looked at Niall in amusement as he turned towards the girl. "You know who I am?"

The girl nodded, her head bopping up and down. "Of course! I'm a big fan." She showed off her pearly whites at him.

Niall looked amused then he offered her a piece of the candy. She took it with a big smile, popped it in her mouth and then turned to me. "You must be Niall's princess. You're really pretty."

Niall chuckled and I looked confusedly at the girl, "I don't know about princess, but I'm Lucy. And thank you, you're very pretty too."

She giggled, blushing slightly, "Thanks. Well, I think I should go. Nice meeting you both." Then she turned and walked away.

"Niall, shouldn't you go sign something for her?" I suggested.

He looked at me and I urged him to follow her. He jogged after her the tapped her shoulder. Her face was priceless, it was just pure joy. She quickly rummaged through her bag and produced a pen and paper. He quickly signed it, hugged her then walked back to me, his face bright.

He offered his hand and we were off again, just wondering around. We spotted Harry and Alexis walking around too but we didn't bother them since they looked like they were in deep conversation. We haven't seen Zayn, Louis or Liam since we left them, they must still be going on rides.

When we finished the cotton candy, Niall spotted a carnival game that involved shooting basketballs. He led me over and started playing immediately. Being the skilled person that he is, he got all three balls in and won a price. For me it's like one of those cliche' moments in movies when the guy wins his girl a price. I couldn't help but giggle at the moment. I was quick to pick a big, brown teddy bear and the man operating the stall gave it to me.

"Thanks, Nialler. I've always wanted one," I said, still giggling.

He put an arm around my waist and pulled me close. "No problem, Luc. I've always wanted to give you one." He chuckled before letting me go and holding my hand instead.

Then I heard cat calling and whistling, Niall and I spun around to see who it was. I laughed loudly to see the rest of the boys and Alexis looking at us, making those noises. The security guards all had a smirk too. I blushed and Niall and I stood still, waiting for them to catch up.

"Finally a couple eh?" Louis was the first one to speak.

Niall scratched the back of his head. "Not quite, lad," he chuckled nervously. "Still working on it."

We all gave a laugh. It was getting dark and I knew the park must be closing soon.

"We all ready to go?" I asked, looking around.

"Yea, the three of us has just about ridden every ride like five times," Liam said excitedly.

"Yep, Haz and I have seen all the attractions around here," Lexi piped up.

I nodded and we all headed out. After saying thanks to the security men, we all piled into the car with Louis driving again. I could tell everyone had fun but also that we were all tired. Lexi and Haz seemed to be talking about the cute animals they saw at the zoo inside the theme park and Zayn and Liam were discussing the thrill they had on the rides.

I'm so glad they had fun, I hope that compensated for all the boring days inside. About half way through the ride, the boys all agreed on grabbing dinner at the nearest Nandos. I almost lost myself seeing Niall so excited.

Once dinner was over, we continued on driving, till we got to Alexis' house. Harry gave her a quick hug and the she mouth "call me" to me before hopping outside the car. Soon enough, we got to my house too. After a quick good bye and thank you to the boys, Niall gave me a peck on the cheek and I too got out of the car. I heard the boys all cheering before they drove off.

Once I got inside, my phone buzzed with a new message from Niall.

From: Nialler

Thanks for the best day ever, babe. xx

I squealed in happiness. It has been indeed the best day ever.