Chapter 15

The days seem to fly by and suddenly I was faced with the fact that the boys were leaving tomorrow. My heart pounded loudly, I wasn't ready to let Niall go yet. I pushed the thought aside and concentrated on thinking of what we could do today.

I looked out my window and saw that it was a sunny day out. From what I can feel, it was also warmer than usual for a winter day. I checked the weather for confirmation. Yep, it's forecasted to be 23 degrees out today. Not bad.

I sent out a group message to the boys and Alexis letting them know of my idea. They were all quick to reply a stream of yes's although Alexis took a bit more convincing.

I got dressed quickly in a light floral print dress, faded denim jacket and white sandals before grabbing my straw hat, purse, phone and keys on my way out. The boys didn't waste time getting to my house and we picked up Alexis as well. When she got in the car, Harry gave her a quick peck on the lips.

He'd finally got the guts to ask her out and I didn't even need to talk to him. I winked at her and she blushed lightly but grinned at me.

"You're a genius for thinking of taking us to the beach," Liam said, smiling widely.

"I can barely remember the last time I went to one just for fun," Louis added.

The boys all muttered an agreement. "Well, thank mother nature for that," I chuckled. "Although it might be a bit chilly. You know,  it's supposed to be winter after all."

"I can't believe we're going to the beach, it's cold!" Alexis whined.

The boys and I laughed. Alexis, being Australian, wasn't really too used to thinking that a day like this was a nice day on the beach. I, however, can still stand the cold pretty well even if I haven't been to Ireland for a while.

"There's a street lined with shops if you want to do something else. I just thought it might be nice to go out to somewhere different," I said to her.

As expected, the beach was almost empty except for dots of people walking around or playing games. We all piled out and stretched. Already, the boys looked happy and I was glad I made the choice. They were quick to rip their shirts off despite the slight wind that was blowing.

I wasn't complaining, I mean, wow! They're bodies were toned. I couldn't help looking at Niall's body, the boy was fit.

"Like what you see, ladies?" Louis teased, wiggling his eyebrows. The boys laughed and high fived. I rolled my eyes and turned to Alexis who sat on the sand. Harry sat down next to her and they both just sat there, looking out to the sea before they struck out a conversation.

I decided to leave them alone so I walked further away and took off my hat and jacket. I looked back out to the sea to see the rest of the boys already in the water, splashing each other. I giggled at their childish behaviour before stripping down to my bikini. I left my short board shorts on but since I was stupid enough to forget a shirt, my chest was covered with my blue bikini top only. It wasn't as cold as I expected, it was actually quite warm and I liked the gentle heat the sun gave off.

I turned back around to face the water when I was met with Niall, a few feet away, his mouth hanging open, drenched in water. His eyes were darting up and down, observing my figure. I suddenly felt self conscious, I wish I had a shirt to cover up with. He closed the distance between us and he said, "Hot bod, babe."

I looked down, "Not really."

"Aw, want a hug?" he said teasingly, coming closer to me, arms wide open.

"No! Niall you're wet!"

"Hurtful!" he pouted. Then a mischievous grin appeared on his face. "Too bad, I'm feeling cuddly." Then he wrapped his arms around me, soaking my body and clothes. Then he scooped up my legs from underneath me and began to carry me to the water.

"Niall no! I don't want to go in!" I pleaded, kicking out.

He only held on tighter. "No can do babe," he said then pecked my lips.

"Please! Please don't drop me in! I'll do anything!"

"Nah, I don't feel like anything else," he said chuckling. Then, with another quick peck on the lips, he let me go.

Luckily, the water was actually warm but the shock of getting dropped in was still unpleasant. When I resurfaced, I saw four boys doubled over in laughter and Lexi and Harry were at the shore doing the same. I walked my way over to Niall and glared at him.

He just continued to laugh and I couldn't keep a straight face anymore. I laughed too, then he kissed me. There was a chorus of "aw's" from the boys then a ton of water was getting splashed at us.

We broke apart and joined in. Laughing carelessly and joking around like we were toddlers. It was a good start.