Chapter 10

"I'm so bored," Harry groaned.

Currently, the six of us were in their hotel, flicking through channels and sorting out movies but none of us could settle on anything. So were all just sitting around.

"I agree, Luc, got somewhere in mind we could go to?" Louis asked, his face pleading.

I felt bad, I'm not a very good host to them, mostly because I was never the going out type so I didn't really know where we could go. I wracked my brains hard for an idea. Then there it was, perfect.

"You lot interested in going to a theme park?" I asked.

Suddenly all eyes were on me.

"You'd take us?" Niall asked, grinning like a kid.

I chuckled, "Of course! It's an hour drive though, so we should get going now."

A massive chorus of cheers rang through the room as the boys all scrambled to get up and get ready. They all went to their separate rooms and I sat around on the couch.

I decided to invite Alexis along so I wouldn't be the only girl. I rang her phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Alexis, it's Lucy. Listen, I'm taking the boys to the Gold Coast. We're off to a theme park, wanna come?"

She laughed, "Of course! Should I go over or will you pick me up?"

I thought about it, "We'll pick you up coz you're on the way."

She giggled again, "Alright, see you soon."

The line went dead.

"Alexis is coming?" a voice behind me asked.

I turned around, "Yes Harold, she's coming. Now let's go!" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh! I shots driving!" Louis cried out. I laughed and shrugged, relieved to be rid of the job.

We all piled into the People Carrier again and Liam took shotgun. Soon, we were off, and, after a quick stop at Lexi's house, we were on our way to Dream World.

Then a thought popped in to my head, "Uh boys, would it be possible to get security for you? The place shouldn't be too crowded since it's a school day, but just in case?"

Liam was on it in a flash. He whipped out his phone and after a quick exchange with a man named Paul, he said, "All sorted. We've got five coming."

I nodded, awed at how fast his request was granted. Then I felt something on my shoulder. When I looked to see what it was, I was surprised to see Niall's head resting on me, his eyes closed and his breathing steady. I giggled quietly at his cute face and wrapped an arm around him to keep him close.

I looked up to see Alexis looking at the pair of us and she winked at me before making an "aw" face at Niall. I giggled and poked my tongue out at her.

Shortly after, Louis was pulling up at the carpark and I shook Niall gently awake. "We're here," I whispered in his ear.

His eyes slowly fluttered open and he sat up slowly rubbing his eyes and stretching out. "You make a very good pillow," he remarked before getting out then helping me down.

I chuckled before following the rest of the group to the entrance. Once we were there, Louis had agreed to pay for all of us and soon, we were running around like idiots, excited to get on rides.

Security had come soon after and each of the boys had one each. "Me, Liam and Zayn are off to the Tower of Terror, anyone else wanna come?" Louis asked, his voice bubbling with excitement.

Harry looked terrified and was quick to shake his head. He looked at Alexis who shook her head as well, ah well, both of them have that in common.

Louis looked at me and Niall and with a quick glance at each other, we both nodded our heads. So we parted ways, I waved a quick good bye and winked at Alexis before following the boys.

"So, dare devil, are ya, Luc?" Liam asked, quirking his eyebrow.

"No, but I've never been on, so I guess I'll see what it's like," I replied.

The boys chuckled. I rolled my eyes and walked towards a very tall tower. I was right when I said that it wasn't crowded. We barely lined up for 5 minutes before we were getting strapped to our seats.

Suddenly, I got extremely nervous and looked at Niall to see him smiling widely. When he noticed my worried face, he reached for my hand and squeezed it. It gave me enough comfort not to plead to get out.

When the countdown started he let go of my hand for safety reasons but I didn't have time to dread it because I was suddenly being flown vertically upwards at an extremely fast pace. My heart stopped for a second when we reached the top then I felt my stomach drop and with it, the ride went down as well. I was falling backwards the way we came and I let out a blood-curdling scream that I was sure to reach miles around.

The ride went on for about a minute or two and when it finally stopped, I let out laugh. The five of us got off and soon we were all uncontrollably laughing, gripping each other for support.

"Now that was a scream," Louis teased then winked at me.

"Shut up, that was insane," I retorted, sticking my tongue out.

"Let's go to the other one," Zayn said, bouncing up and down from the adrenaline rush.

Uh oh, the Tower of Terror 2 was even worse. It was the opposite of the first, shooting you up backwards then making you fall forward.

"Uh, I don't think I can stomach that one," I said to them. "You guys go ahead, I'll wait here."

They all chuckled but Niall grabbed my hand and said, "I'll stay with her lads. We'll meet up somewhere soon."

The three nodded and walked off, jumping up and down with excitement. Niall didn't let go of my hand and I was grateful for it. I was still unsteady on my feet.

We walked around hand in hand, going no where in particular. He was unusually quiet and his palms were sweaty. It was a sign that he was nervous but I don't see what he could be nervous about.

My question was answered when he stopped and faced me. His face was serious. "I've got something to tell you."