Chapter 45

"Let's go skiing!" Louis shouted as he burst through our door, throwing his hands up in the air.

I jumped up from the couch and laughed, welcoming in the rest of the group. Alexis had finally decided to drop by for a couple of weeks so we all planned to go skiing just so we're not always in London. Danielle and Eleanor were coming too so we were pretty much a full house.

"Jesus Lou, do you have to break our door down every time you come in?" Niall grumbled, lugging his suitcase out of our room.

We burst out into laughter and Louis pouted at Niall. "Come on then. We're gonna miss our flight if we don't move," I said, grabbing my own suitcase and Niall's hand in the other.

We all walked out to the waiting van and we were off to the airport. Louis'd planned this trip and we were off to Switzerland for the week. I was so excited! I've never been there or skiing for that matter so this is all completely new to me. Nonetheless, I am glad to be away from work and out of the London area. Once we got to the airport, we barely had to wait till we were able to board the plane and we all strapped down and moving in no time.

The hour or so flight to Switzerland was anything but boring. The boys kept a constant stream of banter that had us all clutching our sides from laughing so hard. We were all so loud and obnoxious that I swear we would have been thrown off the plane if the flight went on for any longer.

When we'd finally landed, we collected our bags and took our hired van off to the ski resort that Louis had kindly booked. It was another hour or two drive but instead of continuing the banter, we all got a bit of sleep, except for Lou who was driving, and got ourselves prepared for the snow. By the end of the drive, we all looked like colourful burritos from the thick jackets we were wearing.

Once we got out of the car we stretched out our arms and legs and trudged through the snow to the reception office of the lodge. We'd gotten our room keys and we went our separate ways to drop our bags inside.

"We'll meet back out here in 5 minutes, so no dirty business," Louis eyed us all suspiciously, wrapping his arm around El's waist.

"You should warn yourself," Harry retorted. He earned himself a sharp tap on the head from Louis before we all got inside our rooms.

"So, you excited, baby?" Niall asked, hugging me from behind after he put down our bags.

"I am! I've never done this before," I replied, swinging us both left and right and I leant my head briefly on his shoulder.

He chuckled softly. "Well I hope you have a good week here. Skiing is always amazing and fun."

"Mmm. I don't really mind where I am as long as I'm with you."

He sighed and unwrapped his arms from my waist. "Well, you're here now so let's not waste anymore time," he said with a smile, taking my gloved hand in his own.

When we got outside, I saw that Louis and Harry had already started their fun. They were both scooping balls of snow and lobbing them at each other and anyone else that got too close to them. Since neither of them noticed mine and Niall's entrance, we looked at each other mischievously and bent down, silently gathering snow in our hands. When we've gotten a decent enough size, we grinned at each other and aimed our throws at Louis and Harry. Their loud a screams and petrified faces told us that we hit our mark. Everyone fell about in the snow, unable to control our laughter.

"Good aim, baby," Niall praised me, kissing my cold nose.

"You too, babe." I smiled at him before we continued to laugh.

"Hey, that's not fair!" Louis cried out, still rubbing the back of his neck, where the snowball had hit him.

Harry was still busy rubbing furiously at his now very cold cheek to speak. He just glared at us and I pouted mockingly at him making everyone laugh again. For the rest of the afternoon, we scrapped the idea of hitting the slopes, instead we played around outside our rooms. We had a snowball fight which was pretty damn brutal since the boys had a knack of throwing it full on when they're only 5 feet away from you.

The fight ended soon enough and we all took to making snowmen instead. "May the best snowman win," Louis proclaimed, his hands up in the air.

"Lou, does everything have to be competition?" I rolled my eyes.

"You’re just a sore loser, Luc,” he retorted, already gathering snow.

I huffed and carried on piling the snow. “Have you made one of these before, Niall?” I asked, turning my attention to him.

“Yea, couple of times. Not one of them got built properly though since Louis and Zayn keep on wrecking them.”

I laughed and carried on. Once five snowmen were built, we stood back and admired our work. They all looked pretty much the same, lopsided and deformed, but it was good enough fun. “Well there you go baby, your very first completed snowman,” I giggled, poking Niall’s stomach.

He chuckled and leant in really close to my face. His hot breath warmed up my face and I closed my eyes as he kissed my lips. A chorus of “aw’s” went around and we both giggled into the kiss. He pulled away and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist instead, smiling proudly down at me.