Chapter 18

It's been three months since Niall had left. Nothing's changed and it still hasn't become easier without him by my side. Life continued on, however and now I was facing my university finals while the boys are in the UK, recording songs for their new album.

Niall kept his promise and kept in touch whenever possible, even though sometimes it's not everyday. Alexis helped me create a twitter account shortly after the boys' departure and Niall and I have gone public since. I still haven't gotten used to the attention I get from their fans and the hate really brings me down sometimes. When I walk outside, people even stare at me like I'm some kind of a wild animal so I tend to stay inside.

Alexis isn't really much different from me, her and Harry have also gone public and its insane to see pubescent teens upset because their heart throbs are off the market. Aside from that, there was nothing drastic and today's no different.

I was sat on my chair with my head in my hands trying to force my brain to function. I had an exam the next day and I needed to study. However, my brain was stubborn and would not concentrate no matter how hard I tried.

Suddenly, a loud ringing rang out and I almost toppled out of my chair in surprise. I looked around for the source and found my laptop blinking with the message that Niall was calling me. With my heart racing, I forced my shaking hand to work and pressed the answer button.

Just like that, Niall's face popped up on my screen, smiling like how I remembered it. I haven't properly seen him in about a month and now he's finally here. Tears welled up in my eyes as I stared back at his face.

"Hey baby," he greeted. I laughed, wiping away my tears. "Aw, am I so bad you start crying?"

I laughed harder. "You twat! I've missed you so much! How are you? How are the boys?"

He laughed, "I missed you too, like crazy. We're all good. We've got a day off today, wish I could come see you." He pouted and I just felt like reaching out and kissing him.

"I wish I could see you too, Nialler. It's insane how much I miss you. Anyway, how's the album going? What are you guys doing today?"

"It's going great! We're all tired though, it really is hard work. At the moment, we're all just sat around. How are you doing?"

I pouted, "I'm just about ready to go insane right now. I've got finals to do and my brain's not cooperating." I let out a sigh. "Thanks for coming online though," I chuckled.

He grinned. "Forget about it, I'm sure you'll ace it as usual. Hey, wanna see the boys?"

I perked up, "Sure! I missed them like mad too."

He picked up his laptop and carried it out of his room. Soon, I heard four loud voices talking, my guess is that they're playing a video game.

"Boys!" Niall called out. They all turned their heads, confused. Then they saw what Niall was carrying and they all jumped up and surrounded the camera.

"Lucy!" they all shouted.

"Hi," I laughed. Niall carried the laptop to the table and the boys all settled on a seat where they could see me and face the camera.

"How are you, Luc? Missing us yet?" Louis joked.

I rolled my eyes, "No. Why would I miss five smelly and loud boys?"

They all gasped and started shouting protests at me. "That hurts!" Zayn joked, wiping fake tears from his eyes.

I laughed loudly, "Are you all insane? Of course I've missed you! My life's been hell without you guys. But from what I heard it's you lot that don't miss me! Too busy dominating the world and everything!"

They all chuckled. "Pfft, what non sense! Of course we missed you. We don't have an annoying girl running around telling us off anymore," Liam said.

I poked my tongue out at him. "Glad to know I'm loved."

They laughed again and the banter just continued on. The boys were relentless, telling me stories about what they've been doing and what they're going to do next. It made me sad that I wasn't there to witness it first hand but I was still happy that they took the time to fill me in and text or call me once in a while.

A few hours later, I remembered that I have an exam to study for. With a groan of frustration, I disrupted the boys' continuous stream of comments and jokes. "Boys I really appreciate all this but I've gotta run. I have an exam tomorrow to study for. However, after that, I'm on break again, so I'll talk to you lot then."

The boys pouted. "Goodbye Lucy!" Harry said. "Good luck on your exam, I'm sure you'll do well."

"Thanks, Haz," I smiled sheepishly.

After another round of goodbyes and sloppy "kisses" from the boys, Niall carried his laptop back to his room. "Good luck with your exam tomorrow, babe. Text me or something when you finish it," he said, smiling into the camera.

"I will. Thank you so much Niall. You don't know how much this means to me."

He chuckled, "Anything for m'lady."

Then I remembered something. "Nialler, you're birthday's in a few days! You're turning 20 and I'm going to miss it!"

He chuckled, "Crazy, right? Aw, it's alright, babe."

I shook my head, "I promise I'll call you  or something. I won't miss it for the world."

"Thank you, Lucy. Now go study! You've got an exam to dominate!" He grinned.

I groaned, "Thanks for the reminder, Niall." Then I waved at him.

"I love you, Luc," he said.

"I love you too," I replied. Then, He blew a kiss to me and signed out.

I sighed, sitting back on my chair. I missed those boys like mad. I wonder when I'll see them in person again. It's been excruciating not having them around.

Pushing them out of my mind, I set my brain to concentrate on the words in front of me. Just get through this and you'll see them again, I said to myself. That thought was enough to motivate me and in the end, I got through all my revision and I suddenly felt confident about my exam tomorrow.

When my parents came home, they seemed extra happy. I didn't know what's gotten into them, it must be another business deal or something. But when we sat down for dinner, I found out that it wasn't a business deal at all.

"Honey, your dad and I want to show you how much we appreciate your hard work at home and in uni," my mum started. I looked at both of them confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Dear, we've got a surprise for you." Then my dad pulled something out of his jacket pocket and handed it to me.