Chapter 2

This chapter is dedicated to user68102732 for her supports on SBTTB and for sharing a post on the Instagram page. Thank you so much!

Bring a smile to my face by voting. :-) :-)

Kara’s POV

*

            I had just gotten back from the ranch a mile away and as I walked the lone paths back to the mansion, I realized I was missing Adrian. Adrian was my best friend I met in my freshman year in College and she was also the closest person I had to a sister, which was quite nice as I didn’t have much friends because I was somehow an introvert.

The smile slipped into a frown when I realized I was no longer alone. Gonzalo, an estate worker and one of my childhood friends was walking in my direction, a sly smile slowly dancing on his lips.

“Aha!” he shouted once I was standing really close to him and I couldn’t help but giggle at how dumb he was. Did he truly think I was so blind that I didn’t see him approach me at all?

“I’ve not seen you in ages Kara...” he grumbled. Instead of entertaining his words, I ignored him and nipped on my lower lip in boredom.

“I’m talking to you.”

“Well whose fault is it that we’ve not seen in a while?”

“Look bunny face, I know we didn’t end on a good foot that day bu-”

“Who the heck is bunny face?” I scrunched up my face in total disgust. How would he call me bunny face? I didn’t have a rabbit head.

Gonzalo moved impossibly closer to me, his eyes looking around from their peripheral vision in ways that made me wonder what he was up to. He grabbed me in one swift moment and I immediately stiffened, staring wildly at his strong arms which had gotten muscular over the years. Gonzalo was no longer a boy but I wasn’t sure if he still had those ‘little feelings’ he used to nurture for me all those years.

“I know you would deny me again but, I need this right now.” The intensity in his tone was so strong but I rolled my eyes all the same.

“Need what?!” I raised a mocking brow. “You’re wasting my time boy.”

He huffed. “We both know I’m not a boy,” he wiggled his eyebrows and made kissy faces. “And, you know what I mean, love.”

“No, Gonzalo.” I released myself from his firm hold. Hearing him say that love word alone... I wanted to puke!

“Just once, please...”

“No. You can’t get a kiss!” He didn’t even have to tell me what he was expecting.

“Even if it’s a little peck?”

I shook my head, my hands itching to slap him hard on the face. We were at the small walkway that led to the ranch in the estate for crying out loud.

Anyone could hear and they’d get the wrong interpretation! In his defense, I knew far well that he had been asking me to go on a date with him for the past seven years and I still shrugged him off all the time.

“You know I love you right?” He asked slowly and traced his tanned hand around my side again, making sure I was trapped against his chest.

“Goodness…” I rolled my eyes.

“Si, amore, ti amo.”

“Gonzalo, you’re out of your mind.”

“And I would be out of anything, just for you.”