Chapter 53

Kindly click on the ⭐ button below your screen to signify a vote. ❤❤

*

Stephano’s POV

*

          The sun shone brightly in the sky, its warmness feeling like a mother’s unexplainable way of showing love as it caressed my skin. I stared at Kara’s form by the window as she gazed into the bright blue sky.

Kara’s Finals was approaching and she’d been reading like crazy these past few weeks. Reading was good, but a little relaxation wasn’t bad as well. So I decided to drag her down here despite her protests about exams and projects and I was successful in doing that because of Adrian. Adrian herself was getting better. Kara made her spend time with Paul or Diego and she almost watched her like a hawk.

Coming to lay close to me by the bed, Kara giggled as her eyes went back to a video of Adrian, Paul and Diego. As usual, Adrian was bickering about some unreasonable thing. What baffled me was how interested Diego always stared at her even when she was cursing him out or close to smacking his head. I did an eye roll. They should fuck already!

Paul and Adrian were having a sleepover and Kara made Diego stay with them to represent her, since he was her twin. The truth was that Kara knew how Adrian’s mood usually went sour whenever he was around. Looking back up, she realized I was staring at her. Her eyes widened.

“What are you looking at?” She questioned in a small voice.

“We both know I’m staring at you, love.” I quirked up a questioning eyebrow. She scooted closer to me and hid her face in my chest, earning her a chuckle from me.

“Guys are not usually this way.” She stated in barely audible tone.

“What do you mean?”

“Showing affection and telling their feelings so bluntly.” The warmness in her breath hit my chest as she snuggled against me.

“And how many men have you met?” I eyed her and resisted the urge to huff, feeling pained that she would question the genuineness of our relationship.

“Well, I have so many guy friends here and there. The thing is, our relationship is so easy and I feel like a storm might be brewing. I know all relationships have ups and downs but ours has just been going so smoothly since day one.”

I pecked her on the forehead, watching it crease as a sign that she didn’t like what I just did. She was in a baggy shirt and jogger pants, her hair matted over her head in a way that made her hard to resist. Hell, Kara was beautiful in whatever she wore. Her pants were surprisingly big, so I couldn’t feel her bum cheeks so intimately while fondling them.

I pecked her forehead and tapped lightly on her nose, earning a glare from her. “Stop it.” She growled and I watched in amusement. That didn’t stop her from sounding like an aggravated cat— not like I’d ever tell her that.

“I am not just any man Kara and you’re not just any person. You’re mine, in every sense.” I reassured.

“Fine. I’m so tired and I should probably go to sleep but I still have to read for my Quantitative Economic Research. Also, we have less than three weeks for project submission and finals.”

I did an exaggerated eye roll. I studied in a prestigious university and took so many business courses at the same time I was doing some special military training during every single Summer— while some others went for entrepreneurship or agriculture— and I was still was one of the best in my year. Kara made education look like a do or die affair, still I was proud of how hardworking she was.