Chapter 9

Please vote and share if you loved the chapter. Thanks! :-) :-)

Kara’s POV

*

         “Now as I have told you before, be a good girl and don’t create a sce-” mama began as we both entered my room. I turned around with a disapproving stare her way while she just sat on the bed. Right on SquidWard’s grumpy face.

“You said that nine times already mama.”

“I know how you can be at times.” She defended herself.

“Mama!” I huffed.

“Fine! Still, don’t create a scene. Also, if any strange man asks you to follow him... have this, just in case.” She pushed a can of pepper spray in my hand and I stared at her with wide eyes.

Pepper sprays weren’t usually this...big! I got up with an exaggerated sigh and walked to the dressing table, accessing my face in the mirror. I looked as flushed as I felt and that had been since young master came into the kitchen, claiming he was the one who ordered my dress.

He didn’t look at me while saying it and maybe he did but I couldn’t know since I didn’t look his way. The memory of him calling my name in his room the other day was glued to my head and I would die of mortification if he ever pointed it out.

“I just want you to be careful, baby.” Mama spoke.

She was treating me as if I was going on my first date with the big bad wolf himself. Yeah, maybe young master was a big bad wolf but only figuratively. It wasn’t as if he would snap my neck if I did anything wrong.

“I will mama. I will.”

“You know I read a lot...” She started as she stitched one of the aprons, the other one still kept beside her and waiting for its turn to get stitched. I didn’t want to feel embarrassed but I wasn’t too sure with how mama was behaving. Didn’t she want me to go or was she afraid something bad would happen to me?

“What do you have to say, mama?” I groaned.

“Uh...yes, I have a story to back it up. So, this girl went to a ball with her boss so she would get to meet a certain rich businessman she had a crush on and the crush was so big and she was so happy an-”

“I don’t have a crush on him mama!” I whisper yelled as if it was a crime for anyone heard it. She kept repeating crush. Crush was so big, crush was so this and that. Wasn’t it even a crime for me to have a crush on the young master?

Well, I would say it definitely was. I didn’t want to imagine being in the same space as him or breathing the same air as he did because his glares would definitely pierce through me one day and drill a permanent hole on my face!

“Kara mio, I never said that you did.” She chuckled as if what I said was a joke. I shook my head and looked away, feeling my face heat up when she still had the smile on her face.

“Well, what happened to the girl?” I took my seat by the dressing table, facing her.

Her face lit up and this brought a smile to my lips. “Yes. Suddenly, this thin man came to tell her that her employer asked him to call her into another hall where so many other businessmen were and because this girl thought she would eventually get to see her businessman crush, she complied. She went with him, leaving the hall full of people alone and then the man pushed her into a room when they were close to it and locked the door…and that was it.” she ended solemnly. Where was she going with all this?

“Why would the girl follow a man she didn’t know, is she stupid?” I asked. Mama glared at me.

“No! It is a story and the girl is courageous so stop hating on my character!” She defended the character with so much confidence that my mouth hung open.