Chapter 36

May God bless each and every one of you for me and may he grant your heart's desires. And mine too ❤️

Kara’s POV

*

             “So... You guys end up doing the fickle frackle?”

“Gosh, no we didn’t. Shut up!”

I slapped Adrian’s shoulder with a mortified expression on my face as we walked out of the department with bags in hand.

The four-eyed glasses guy sauntering out of the class beside me gave me an expression that said, ‘what-the-hell’ because he probably heard what Adrian asked but I responded with a shuddering stare. He scurried past us, probably thinking we were some freak but who could blame us? I hated this class we’d just finished and Adrian shared a like feeling for it. 

I watched the guy walk off and sniggered. Minding one’s business was obviously becoming a chore for so many nowadays.
“Whatever...” Adrian drawled.

“Let’s not discuss that, okay?”

“Right,” she heaved a sad sigh, “I just wished my life could be a bit as interesting as yours. You dig? “We walked towards my car and unlocked it, sinking into the seat as she shut the door on her side. Her voice faltered as she asked me that question, something I easily caught onto.

“Don’t tell me all you had on your mind throughout today’s class was details about my sex life...or lack of thereof.” I gave her an eye roll and decided to change the topic. “That test we had this morning wasn’t as hard as I had imagined. Night reading paid off anyway.”

“So... You guys didn’t cuddle...you were just reading all through the two days you spent there, I’m sure you were only acting all stiff and boring; merely reading like a nerd.”

“I’m not stiff but we both know how I’m a nerd,” I giggled a little and finally started the car, “also, stop talking about this. Thanks, hun.”

“I want to.”

“Stop it, Adrian. Nothing happened apart from the little kiss. I told you nothing happened.” I struggled not to snap. She could be a handful sometimes and now I regretted telling her this early. I should’ve stalled some more, surely she wouldn’t be down my neck this way had I done that.

“No heated make out?”

“No. What do you want for this evening? I’m a bit tired, so if you’ll bring up something we’ll get tonight before we get on the road. We should get it.”

“At least you should’ve shown him something, given him a hint. He likes you.” Adrian pressed. Ugh, I kind of dislike her sometimes.

“Cooking or takeout?”

“Y’all story is just too cute to be true...” She sighed with a dreamy look on her face.

“Macaroni and chicken is cool right?” I hissed and gave her a death glare.

She heaved an exaggerated sigh. “I just envy you, Kara.”

“Please don’t. I don’t even have anything, just Stephano who recently confessed to liking me and that’s still a bit weird simply because I still don’t know how to feel about that yet... ” I trailed off. When she opened her mouth to say something, I cut her off, “really. Relax.”

“You don’t know how this works.”

“How would I? This is my second relationship ever. And it’s a pretend relationship, Adrian, even though I kind of like Stephano a bit more now that I know him!” I whisper yelled into her face, taking a turn and driving towards the campus hostels.