Chapter 57

Kindly click on the ⭐ button below your screen to signify a vote and comment your thoughts. I love reading them.

*

Say something, I'm giving up on you, I'll be the one if you want me to, Anywhere I would've followed you, Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... am feeling so small

It was over my head...I know nothing at all,

And I... will stumble and fall

I'm still learning to love, Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you.... I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you.... Anywhere I would've followed you

Say something, by A Great Big World

Kara’s POV

*
             “No!” I screamed as the sound of gunshot penetrated through my ears. My hands flew to cover my mouth as I let out a high pitched scream. My eyes burned as I saw the blood slowly ooze out of his chest and soaked his black wife beater. His eyes went wide and so did mine. I watched his lips tremble and my hands shook, my sobs wracking through me. He’d been shot. Muffling my sobs as he stared ahead at the house of the thoughtless woman he was so very much in love with, I blinked as the tears flowed out.

Love was scam.

It was totally scam and I didn’t want to be a part of it anymore. After everything, Stephano had to leave me for a silly mistake I made like that stupid girl did to the man that gave her his all in this movie. I called him severally just like this man had done and waited for him to get back to me but the damn brute didn’t return my calls!

This was a bad idea. I shouldn’t have watched this movie. It was totally getting to me right now. Just as I was getting up to turn the damn television off, there was a knock on the door.

“Is she back so early...” I wondered rhetorically, not bothering to dry my tears. My emotions were all over the place right now.

Adrian had gone to get groceries and fruits because I’d not stopped eating since we got back from Stephano’s office this morning but I refused to go with her.

So here I was. Alone and single, with the miserable feeling that accompanied breaking up with the only person who’d ever loved me since I knew the word even existed. I broke up with the man that loved me like a man loved a woman, with all his heart.

Thank goodness today was Saturday and I didn’t have any exams till next week Wednesday. I don’t think I would be able to get any reading done, not with the constant rate of my heartbeat whenever I remembered the fight with Stephano.

I sauntered over to open the door.
“You’re back earl-”

My breath hitched as I stared at him, the tears now pouring out in full force. The man in suit eyed me from head to toe, his right hand raised up in a position that signified he was about to knock again.

His lips parted as his eyes softened. “Baby.”

“St-stephano.” I muttered and worried my lips, relief and panic battling inside me. He called me baby. This was a good sign, right? I merely stared, fumbling on my tippy toes. My eyes stayed glued to his handsome face and then I smiled. It was a bitter sweet one, but a smile that didn’t take that much effort.