Chapter 58

Kindly click on the ⭐ button below your screen to signify a vote and share your thoughts. I love reading them.

*

Kara’s POV

*

              A reflection on life had me quiet for more than an hour as I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling.  I didn’t feel content, not yet. It felt as if I wasn’t doing something right though I honestly couldn’t say exactly what it was. A tap on my shoulder jarred me out of my thoughts.

“Lover boy is calling again. He just can’t get enough of you.” Adrian commented with a giggle, tossing me my phone which I discovered already had several notifications. I smiled and checked to see I had missed three calls from Stephano. He couldn’t get enough of me and that was exactly what I wanted.
She had been on my phone for quite a while, playing some songs on it to select new songs to download after deleting some heartbreak songs on her phone, I texted Stephano.

Kara:~ *Hey baby. My phone was with Adrian earlier.*

Stephano: ~ *I’m in a meeting babe. I’ll call when I’m done. ;-)*

Kara: ~ *Alright love. Try not to think of me throughout. xoxo)*

Stephano: ~ *We both know that would be hard. Got to go now love. Tell me everything that happened after I left yesterday when I get back home. I hope you’ve moved back home. Wear something nice and short. You’re sleeping in my room tonight ;-]*

Blush tainted my cheeks as I ignored Adrian who kept throwing remarks here and there. She plonked on my bed and I scowled at her. Why was she even here after saying she didn’t want to see my face and going to the guest room she uses whenever she’s around?

“Just like Diego can’t get enough of you too.” I sassed instead, cutting off her rambles. The smile was immediately wiped off Adrian’s face as she got off my bed and went to stand by my table, checking her face through the mirror. I shook my head at her odd reaction. She did this whenever I mentioned her unnamed relationship with Diego.

“You like him.”

“Oh, not again.” She groaned and made to leave my room.

“I know there’s something going on between you two.” I called just as she was opening the door. After yesterday’s revision before myself and Adrian left for our exams, Stephano finally left our dorm, getting assurance that I would be home at the mansion today.

We didn’t revise together but he made me know he was content with just watching me repeat the content in my books to him and then he’d ask questions here and there.

“There’s nothing.” Adrian heaved a sigh and sauntered back in.

“Really?”

She did an eye roll. “I just want to be happy Kara. And, what if we are even together?”

“That’s what I want...” I eyed her warily, not wanting to come off as selfish for my thoughts. “I know you like him.”

“It’s just an attraction, stolen kisses here and there...and his constant lingering stares.” She shut her eyes tightly.

“Can’t you make it official? The attraction is there, so what else?” I raised my shoulders. There was nothing wrong with her dating my twin, or dating in general though I was secretly rooting them together but Adrian always avoided this whenever I mentioned it. I’ve noticed how Diego looks at her. He could barely take his eyes off my best friend and he wasn’t even subtle about it. Ever since Lucas’s demise, they’d gotten closer to her, and even when she’d be cursing him out or reprimanding him, he’d just keep himself around her regardless.