Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to cutetiffany67  for her constant supports and love for SBTTB. Also, she shared the SBTTB posts on social media. Thank you <3

Kara’s POV

*

             “What is going on here?” A cold voice demanded behind us and we both stiffened for a moment. Snapping out of my daze, the voice registered and I scurried out of Gonzalo’s hold instantly.

Gonzalo’s expression was one I’d pay dollars to see any day.

I snickered but struggled to assure myself that the man would only talk. He wouldn’t do more than talk even though his eyes appeared to be glaring right into my soul at the moment.

Oh my, how I disliked him with all the passion in me! Ricco, the rich, that was all. He acted like his breath could purchase lives!

I was sure he could only treat me this way because he was paying my tuition. I rolled my eyes at my thoughts, realizing they were somewhat selfish and I needed to tone the mental aggression down. Of course I’d only speak humbly if I was actually talking to him.

“I demand an answer.” Young master calmly spoke again, reminding me of the fact that he was still standing right before us.

“We…we were talking and she felt something itchy and...” Gonzalo trailed off.

Then I heard my madre approaching and I went into panic mode.

What if the young master told mother? Then she would scold me right there before Gonzalo and our cold boss as if I was a little girl. I hated being scolded before others. It made me feel humiliated, even if it was a correction in love.

Mother had a smile on her face as usual.

“You’re back home already Sir- Kara, what’s wrong?” she walked closer, probably noticing the look on my face. She roamed her hands over my neck and face but I didn’t know what to say. My face was still red and warm with embarrassment that our boss had caught us in that position.

“Are you alright my dear?” she worriedly questioned while fussing over me like she usually did at all times— even when I got the wind blown into my eyes. Gonzalo just stared at us.

“Nothing’s wrong mama.”

A frown pulled on her face but then she probably noticed we also had company because she didn’t push it. She turned around and I immediately knew she had started dinner already because the aroma of the seasoning on her wafted through my nostrils.

“Gonzalo, your father needs your assistance so hurry up and meet him at the other block. Master, are you set to have your fruits?” Only few people had managed to crawl their ways into the young master’s heart and the short woman standing before him, and my Madre was one of them. Despite being the one who brought him up, she didn’t treat him in an unprofessional way.

She treated him just like who he was.

Her boss. Her young master.

“There is-” his eyes swiftly roamed around my pale skin and flushed face, “absolutely no problem. I am set. Kara, prepare my bath immediately.”

I went stiff again as my eyes slowly widened and my teeth clenched. My name sounded soft and careful on his lips. I would have to hurry so I wouldn’t cross him in the passage like one time when I had greeted him and he had only looked at me with obvious irritation before walking off.

I dared raise my head up and trailed them slowly over the young master, from his black Nike sneakers to his grey sweatpants and then his grey sleeveless hoodie. He a had nice sculpted body, which was outlined even through his hoodie. My brows furrowed in confusion as I snuck a peek at him through my lashes, my eyes slowly trailing over his face.